New premium spaces at the water parks - $250 a pop

durangojim

Not so impressed:shrug: I was hoping for a little more than I could find at my local trailer park with a cooler sitting out by the community pool. Do you get a free Disney wife-beater to go with your rental?:D Seems like Disney could have themed this a little better.
And I don't mean to offend anyone that lives at a trailer park.

jt04

Not so impressed:shrug: I was hoping for a little more than I could find at my local trailer park with a cooler sitting out by the community pool. Do you get a free Disney wife-beater to go with your rental?:D Seems like Disney could have themed this a little better.
And I don't mean to offend anyone that lives at a trailer park.

Too late.

MissM

I think it's a neat idea, but considering $250 is the cost of my ENTIRE ANNUAL PASS there's no chance in a million years I'd shell out that kind of money for the service. But that's just me.

good2cu

had to comment on this...

$250 is a standard price to pay i think for a nice private area for the day with free drinks/towels. I'm sure there are lots of people who would pay more and many who think its overpriced.

If you go to vegas you can usually expect to pay $500-1k (sometimes more) for a cabana by the pool in caesears or the bellagio.

however, looking at the pictures i think its a bit of a joke. the area is not themed well, looks very basic, cramped and not that private, and i'm sure you don't get your own waiter as stated. (it's probably just 1 person doing all the areas and occasionally wondering off when other bars are busy).

you pay the money to have a nice private area to relax or just as a base. these look very very close together and i just don't like the idea of paying $250 to get an area that isn't private or well thought through.

i applaud disney for offering other premium services (even if some of you say its for revenue purposes..) but they really done a half-assed job on this one.

PhilharMagician

Well, I too think the $250 price is a bit steep for the 'service' they are offering... towels, lockers, soda and a 'guard'. We have gone to the water parks numerous times. Never seem to make it right at opening and have never had trouble finding a spot to put our things. Also, no one has ever been 'squating' on our stuff when we return to get sunblock etc., Maybe we have been lucky, I don't know. But I do know that we are staying at a deluxe resort and I have no interest in dropping $250 for this option. I'll leave it to the others to enjoy.

IMHO i would spend $250 for this. I would know that when I want to take a break or anyone in my family for that matter we know we have a place to relax and then can have someone get us drinks. No locker or towel charges. I have come back to our lounge chairs before and found our stuff on the gound and 2 of the 3 we had were just gone, moved somewhere.

Now staying in a deluxe resort which costs me $250.00+ dollars per night (over a moderate) extra to sleep? :rolleyes: Now don't get me wrong here, I like the deluxe resorts myself and stay on most trips but the Deluxe resorts are not a value.

Buried20KLeague

Eh. I'm not feeling them too strongly one way or the other. If they offered "adult beverages", I'd be all OVER it. But these are harmless, IMHO.

And actually, I'd probably be a buyer if each unit had a couple fans. Maybe hanging fans that oscillated? In the major Florida heat, THAT would be a HUGE selling point. :shrug:

BSikor

I took the pictures today for you guys but forgot to take a picture of the sign by the front of the park advertising the shacks. Next time I go, I will. I will also try to swing by Blizzard and check theirs.

Also, for the record, of the three shacks, only one was in use by guests.

pilka214

i rented a similar space at Aquatica, seaworld's waterpark, during a visit last year.. however they only charged $150 for theirs and it included a fridge... but not unlimited drinks just 10 drinks or so..... and it was pretty much totally worth it, however $250 and you can't reserve ahead of time seems a little up there... we were able to reserve well over a week in advance at aquatica.

BSikor

Here's the food menu.

picture.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom