New premium spaces at the water parks - $250 a pop

TinkerBelle8878

I know that many of the cruise lines do this at their private island beaches. But they give you food and air conditioning. They also provide you with rafts and a freshwater hose with a mister/shower to wash off the sand/salt with.

So far it looks like WDW is doing a much cheaper setup of this and charging more for it.

There'd be more value if they added in fruit or snacks of some sort.

Thunder Kz

Is Ariel serving these?
3590381271_aff6034d3a_m.jpg

AndyP

I wouldn't mind them offering something like this, but from the pictures to me it looks like they're placed in what were the pre-existing shelters on the right hand side of the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon. We ALWAYS get there early and make sure we get one of these shelters as we have a large party and some senior citizens who need the shade! This summer there are 12 of us and we have to find room were we can get shelter. Since this was the perfect spot I've never scoured Typhoon for any other decent places, any got any hints for me?? Assuming I'm correct about the positioning ofcourse!

durangojim

I wouldn't mind them offering something like this, but from the pictures to me it looks like they're placed in what were the pre-existing shelters on the right hand side of the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon. We ALWAYS get there early and make sure we get one of these shelters as we have a large party and some senior citizens who need the shade! This summer there are 12 of us and we have to find room were we can get shelter. Since this was the perfect spot I've never scoured Typhoon for any other decent places, any got any hints for me?? Assuming I'm correct about the positioning ofcourse!

If this is true, then Disney is just charging for the ability to stay in these shelters, have some towels and unlimited fountain drinks:veryconfu
LAME!:mad:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
$250 divided by 12 = $20.83 per person. Not to shabby to have shelter.

If this is true, then Disney is just charging for the ability to stay in these shelters, have some towels and unlimited fountain drinks:veryconfu
LAME!:mad:
You shouldnt think disney is lame for trying to generate revenue. You should think the people that would pay this are lame. This of course is through your eyes.

you are way off here Jim.

PhilharMagician

$250 divided by 12 = $20.83 per person. Not to shabby to have shelter.

You shouldnt think disney is lame for trying to generate revenue. You should think the people that would pay this are lame. This of course is through your eyes.

you are way off here Jim.

Isn't it 6 per shelter max?

palmage

Not so impressed:shrug: I was hoping for a little more than I could find at my local trailer park with a cooler sitting out by the community pool. Do you get a free Disney wife-beater to go with your rental?:D Seems like Disney could have themed this a little better.
And I don't mean to offend anyone that lives at a trailer park.
That cooler is way too nice for a trailer park.
7/11 Styrofoam filled with Millwaukees Best and Wal-Mart Cola, now that's trailer park......
At least in Pinellas Park....

We stayed at the Hardrock LV and got a cabana, it was fantastic. Many more amenities but 3 times the price.

benji

I was hoping Disney will do something like this and they did. When ever I visit Sea World's Aquatica I rent a cabana. It's about the same price as Disney and well worth sitting with all those loud kids by the wave pool. From the pictures I think Sea Worlds cabanas could be nicer but I will have to see it for myself. I just can't see myself visiting any water park without renting one of these. Sea World takes online reservations I think Disney needs to do this also, to make sure you get your cabana.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
No way is that worth $250.
However, I'm sure people will pay that much on a regular basis, so if that's what Disney wants to do...

AndyP

I was hoping Disney will do something like this and they did. When ever I visit Sea World's Aquatica I rent a cabana. It's about the same price as Disney and well worth sitting with all those loud kids by the wave pool. From the pictures I think Sea Worlds cabanas could be nicer but I will have to see it for myself. I just can't see myself visiting any water park without renting one of these. Sea World takes online reservations I think Disney needs to do this also, to make sure you get your cabana.

are there any other decent shaded places at Aquatica for free? not worried if it's noisy! we're also going to aquatica in July so would be grateful for advice!

AndyP

ahhh. I didnt think about that. Ok. 2 Shelters then and double the price per person.

oopps

And ofcourse park entrance on top, and food, might as well save the money and have another day out! It's just annoying because we have always used those shelters for free for like the past 8 trips and now they are $250 and we can't even all go in!

benji

are there any other decent shaded places at Aquatica for free? not worried if it's noisy! we're also going to aquatica in July so would be grateful for advice!
They have some big shade umbrellas on the beach but they fill up fast. Over all not much shade the landscaping is not machure because the park is new. It will take many years for the landscaping to look like Typhoon Lagoon.

Main Street USA

Calling these "creative" is going a little too far - they did nothing more than rip the idea from the Miami hotels that do cabanas at the pools. It's nothing more than a VERY desperate bid by Disney to increase revenue at a time when its shrinking.

And as for appreciating it - you say that now - but when the *empty* premium spaces (and they will be empty - because I highly doubt there's that many families willing to fork over that money) makes it harder for you to find a spot at the water parks and ensues more fighting to stake a claim, you may rethink that.
I think a lot of people here are overestimating how much money $250 is to some families on vacation in WDW. As said before, you think these people that spend $600, $800, sometimes even $1000 a night on a hotel (and there are a TON of them) care about a measly $250? They don't.

When word finally gets out about these, they'll be filled without a problem. In fact, a simple sign near the entrance would do the trick. Done and done....more money for the mouse.

Main Street USA

Yeah, I think there are LOT of people out there that agree with you. I know I do. If I was going to spend the whole day at one of the water parks (I rarely do), I'd grab one.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
And ofcourse park entrance on top, and food, might as well save the money and have another day out! It's just annoying because we have always used those shelters for free for like the past 8 trips and now they are $250 and we can't even all go in!
I hate it for you since you used them in the past, but cant blame Disney for trying to generate more revenue.

slappy magoo

Wouldn't be worth it to me, even if traveling with enough people to make it a full 6.

We usually don't spend the entire day at a water park, opting to go in the morning, hitting the slides hard, mellowing out in the lazy river, and going back to our room in the early afternoon...if we were to try one of these cabana-esque areas, I'd make the effort to stay all day. But honestly, I'd probably rather enjoy a few hours at TL or BB and then use that 250 dolars for a Cali Grill dinner or HDD revue, or even (blasphemy) use it for a non-WDW day like Uni or SW tix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom