News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

DreamfinderGuy

hbh20938423888444.jpg

With that weird Emoji head of Joy and being in the location where Cranium Command sits.......I'm just going to post my concept again that I got a feeling it's gonna happen...
View attachment 351699

Also that Building with the Exclamation Point that says "LET'S PLAY!" Are we to assume Solid Snake is a thing for Disney?😂:hilarious:
tumblr_mi691oRaIx1qj5t08o2_500.gif
I’ve been hearing that the Cranium theatre is getting gutted. But dang I wish that would happen

Casper Gutman

hbh20938423888444.jpg

With that weird Emoji head of Joy and being in the location where Cranium Command sits.......I'm just going to post my concept again that I got a feeling it's gonna happen...
View attachment 351699

Also that Building with the Exclamation Point that says "LET'S PLAY!" Are we to assume Solid Snake is a thing for Disney?😂:hilarious:
tumblr_mi691oRaIx1qj5t08o2_500.gif
This would be wonderful and would immediately change my opinion of the whole project. But it’s not going to happen.

Speedy71

Wonders Of Life's been dead since 2007. I'm just glad the pavilion is finally getting revived to the general public besides just for festivals and storage.

See I agree with you when stating that it's been dead for a while. But shouldn't Disney at least try to bring some kind of aspect of wonders. I mean where's the effort? But no let's stick a bunch of Disney characters in there that we know will work like this is MK or something.

DinoInstitute

I'm of the thought that the more they can do to consolidate IP within Epcot, the better.

Granted, I know it will still permeate areas of the park, but I'm glad they went with this approach rather than having such IP-driven entertainment scattered across the park.

It does look aesthetically cool, though.
Exactly, having this type of stuff self-contained into its own little corner of the park is one of the best parts of this announcement, as it will hopefully allow the rest of the park to have a more consistent theme. Even if you don’t intend on ever stepping foot in here, I don’t know how you can’t see this as a net positive for the park.

muddyrivers

I wonder if there’s any possibility we’ll get some tracks from the original area loop in the new play space? Imagine hearing ray lynch or yanni in that dome again! Or at least some hip and trendy remix :/
(And I know they can, they still play celestial soda pop in Tomorrowland!)

I don't think we will see these tracks return. The only reason I say that is when I listen to these tracks and other Wonders BGM, it screams late 80s/early 90s to me. With Disney building a "new" pavilion they will certainly want to avoid playing "old" music that you would have heard walking around the mall in the 90s. Truthfully, I hope I'm completely off the mark here but I don't think that will be the case.

Phicinfan

Theme park goers should aim higher not lower with their standards
I am sorry, who made you judge?
I am perfectly fine so far, assuming they continue to do as much as possible to plus the rides.

I am not psychic. I also fully understand @marni1971 and others who truly miss Epcot Center. The earliest I was at WDW was in 93, so I missed some of the original granduer as well.

But it is dead, and after seeing what WDW has put out with Pandora, and what they will soon release with SW:GE I will rely on them more than you personal opinion.

Bender123

I am sorry, who made you judge?
I am perfectly fine so far, assuming they continue to do as much as possible to plus the rides.

I am not psychic. I also fully understand @marni1971 and others who truly miss Epcot Center. The earliest I was at WDW was in 93, so I missed some of the original granduer as well.

But it is dead, and after seeing what WDW has put out with Pandora, and what they will soon release with SW:GE I will rely on them more than you personal opinion.

As a person who was there in all the original glory, I like the plan...The only "but" I will ad is that I don't like the IP inclusions. The business person in my and having a fiancée that had never been to WDW until we went together has shown me that my perceptions, and a lot of the people on this board, are in the minority when it comes to our nostalgia. I loved UoE, she thought it was boring...I realized my love of it was based on nostalgia and knowing the history of it. To the new person and un-obsessed, it was just an outdated ride with AA that, while impressive for the time, was at the level our local zoo has in their dino walk area. Im also not really surprised to see that a primary complaint of original Epcot was that it was sterile, joyless and confusing. I did not find it so, but there were enough people that did, that TDO started introducing characters to brighten it up and make it "feel Disney" to people who aren't us.

AJDMB05

See I agree with you when stating that it's been dead for a while. But shouldn't Disney at least try to bring some kind of aspect of wonders. I mean where's the effort? But no let's stick a bunch of Disney characters in there that we know will work like this is MK or something.
As an Epcot purist, no I honestly don't think they have to make that effort. The new leadership has made it very clear that they do not care about the past no matter what they say or what night time show they give us for 6 months. Wonders was always a tough pavilion to maintain due to the topic constantly needing updating. The rides were outdated even in 2007. At this point creating a generic, non-IP based health and life pavilion would be thematically inconsistent with the new direction of the parks, as much as that pains me to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom