New Park?

Luke82580

I would just like to agree with an earlier poster about people who try to end discussions and try to dictate what is discussed. There are many people on here that like to think they know everything there is to know about Disney and it is really irritating. This is a discussion board, any discussion should be allowed and not have to worry about certain people being so negative and trying to get people to stop talking about it. Isn't that the whole point to a discussion board? Yes some people may not have the right information but there are better ways to talk about it than to just be so negative and pretend to be all knowing.

ToTBellHop

I would just like to agree with an earlier poster about people who try to end discussions and try to dictate what is discussed. There are many people on here that like to think they know everything there is to know about Disney and it is really irritating. This is a discussion board, any discussion should be allowed and not have to worry about certain people being so negative and trying to get people to stop talking about it. Isn't that the whole point to a discussion board? Yes some people may not have the right information but there are better ways to talk about it than to just be so negative and pretend to be all knowing.
Some people here are all-knowing...well...they at least know a lot about Disney.

dis·cus·sion (dĭ-skŭ____'ən) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. Consideration of a subject by a group; an earnest conversation.
2. A formal discourse on a topic; an exposition.

The folks in the know consider what someone says and then earnestly calls them on the incorrect information. Most people here are nice unless someone say something offensive or doesn't give up on some idea that apparently only that person and a random monorail driver seem to know about. If you want to discuss ideas, that's what the Imagineering forum is for. They'll be more than happy to listen to someone's ideas for a park in Texas. But, this particular forum seeks to deal with facts--things that are actually happening or are at least being discussed within WDI or the Disney administration. The Crawford Disneyland Resort meets neither of those requirements.

Lee

Adventurer
But, this particular forum seeks to deal with facts--things that are actually happening or are at least being discussed within WDI or the Disney administration.

Yep.
News and Rumors, not wild speculation or made-up fairy tales. If I see such on this board I will call BS on it in a heartbeat. That's not being mean or negative...just...um....efficient. :wave:

WDWFREAK53

My scenario was based on a family of 5 traveling.

You didn't get my facetiousness.

I was saying, "It is cheaper to fly from Australia to WDW than St. Louis"

(It's obviously not...)

I was saying that, by your logic, they'd build one in Australia before one in Texas...if the cost of travel had anything to do with it.

JML42691

St. Louis To Orlando
Airfare for a family of 5 to from St Louis to Orlando $1250.00 to $1625.00 Plus a rent car for 4 days@ 35.00 PER DAY = 150.00

Driving distance = 1014 miles Driving time = 15 hours (2 days for the average family) Gas for a full size SUV @ 18 miles Per Gallon x $2.50 per Gallon= $140.00 each way. Two nights @ a roadside motel (one night each way)= $140.00

Total if you fly From St. Louis to Orlando $1400.00 to $1775.00
Total if you Drive From St. Louis to Orlando $560.00 and 4 days of your vacation blown on travel time(and alot of "Are we there yets?")

St. Louis to Dallas

Airfare for a family of 5 to from St Louis to Dallas $500.00 to $800.00 Plus a rent car for 4 days @ 30.00 PER DAY = 120.00

Driving distance = 659 miles Driving time = 10 hours (1 day for the average family) Gas for a full size SUV @ 18 miles Per Gallon x $2.50 per Gallon= $92.00 each way.

Total if you fly From St. Louis to Orlando $620.00 to $920.00
Total if you Drive From St. Louis to Orlando $184.00 and 2 days of your vacation blown on travel time.

At the very least you will save $855.00 if you fly or $376.00 and
2 Days if you drive.

Think about it and you'll see why Disney is coming to Texas. More families visiting more frequently and that is the plan my friends.

Go Colts!!!

The other thing that you have to realize is that the cost of airfare to the area that would get the new park would go up. The cost of a flight to Orldando from Boston would cost more than a flight on the same airline to the middle-of-nowhere South Dakota (no offense, just trying to make an example, about the same distance) as the demand for flights would be more as this would become a greater tourist destination. But this would no be the same for SouthWest Airlines:D .

CAMWAR

Texas

22 milion People (2nd most behind California)
2nd wealthiest state
Home to some of the nicest most cordial people you ever find!
From what I read in this meesage board there are many envious people out there. People used to say that Sea world would not work here. Sea Word Texas is their most profitable.

Wealthy Central and South Americans love to travel to Texas and ready don't think that Disney is not counting on tapping into that revenue stream.

Just a few more days and all of you doubters will shown the light!

GOD BLESS THE LONE STAR STATE!!!

When you wish upon a STAR there is none brighter than the LONE STAR

:king:

Shaman

2nd wealthiest state
From what I read in this meesage board there are many envious people out there. People used to say that Sea world would not work here. Sea Word Texas is their most profitable.

Wealthy Central and South Americans love to travel to Texas and ready don't think that Disney is not counting on tapping into that revenue stream.

Central and South Americans love to travel to FLORIDA...particularly South Florida...which is three hours away from WDW...Disney is "tapping into that"....

All that aside....good luck! :wave:

CAMWAR

Central and South Americans love to travel to FLORIDA...particularly South Florida...which is three hours away from WDW...Disney is "tapping into that"....

All that aside....good luck! :wave:

True they do. Thanks for the well wishes you are a very polite person.
Like we say down here "Your Momma Raised You Right!"

Take care:wave:

DisneyMusician2

2nd wealthiest state

Would you be able to take your sidearms into the park? Disney with with weapons...Mickey next to an oil rig, Donald standing Border Patrol.....I don't think its really going to work. In all seriousness, I think that US expansion simply isn't the way to go. Take that cash and put it back into the current parks to improve what we've got.
(I was born in Texas, and I'm just joking, PLEASE don't take offense!)

Eyorefan

Can I just say... with out having read this whole thing. That the reason why This keeps poping up is that way back when... before WDW. Walt looked at building his new resort in Texas. They even bought land near San Antonio. He spent some time down there and hated the weather. San Antonio is HOT! In the summer it can get to be 100+ degress.

So, I'm not saying this is ever going to happen. It's not. There isn't going to be a Texas Disney, but there is a reason why people talk about it.

bradl99

Economics 101

The other thing that you have to realize is that the cost of airfare to the area that would get the new park would go up. The cost of a flight to Orldando from Boston would cost more than a flight on the same airline to the middle-of-nowhere South Dakota (no offense, just trying to make an example, about the same distance) as the demand for flights would be more as this would become a greater tourist destination. But this would no be the same for SouthWest Airlines:D .

Well, this would be a great argument if it made any sense. The supply of flights to the middle-of-nowhere South Dakota is next to nothing versus the supply of flights to Orlando... Less supply = higher price. The elasticity of demand also governs the price. If you are flying to the middle-of-nowhere South Dakota you must really need to get there. Lack of options = higher price. A Disney park in Yankton would bring the price of airfare DOWN not up. You are correct that the demand would go way up but supply would also go up and I could always vacation somewhere else (like Orlando) which makes it tough for the airlines to stick it to me.

Look it up. Boston to Orlando vs. Boston to Rapid City or Sioux Falls as it stands now.

jimmybog

I'm almost sorry I started this thread. I didn't mean for everyone to get up in arms about whether or not there is an impending/will be ever Texas Disney park. I just wanted to see what everyone thought about the picture that was posted on the investors page. I did label it New Park...just cause it was what was written as the caption. Sorry.
The real reason why I'm sorry is that everyone here is giving a miriad of reasons why Disney won't build a park anywhere. Cost, tourism base, economic reasons...whatever. But no one here is giving the reasons why they can. Because they are Disney. And I may just have a soft spot for the ideals set forth by the man that inspires me on a daily basis but Walt made the impossible believable. He made the wonderful...touchable. And he made a lot of our dreams come true. So just remember that when you get into a contest about who here is "righter." There are a million reasons why there shouldn't be another Disney park but only one reason why it should be...and that reason is because it's Disney. And to me...that reason outweighs anything else you can put up against it.
So I'm guessing that the answer to my question on whether anyone else here had heard anything about the posted picture on the investor page is:

"We're too busy counting the ways why there shouldn't be a park, we're too busy arguing about the fiscal dynamics of a Texas based attraction, and, more importantly, we're too busy trying to prove everyone else on a post wrong that we will completely ignore the question at hand."

Thanks guys...I guess next time I'll post a question that won't be taken so personally. Possibly something on gay marriage or stem cell research.

The Truth

I did actually reply to your original question back on page 2 or 3. In case you missed it: The concept art shown with the words "Concept for new Disney Theme park" is for a new proposed park in China. The picture shows a themed land based on characters and locations from the "Little Mermaid" film. The concept art for the pirate themed adventure shows a proposed new land for the Disneyland Hong Kong park. Hope this answers your question.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well, this would be a great argument if it made any sense. The supply of flights to the middle-of-nowhere South Dakota is next to nothing versus the supply of flights to Orlando... Less supply = higher price. The elasticity of demand also governs the price. If you are flying to the middle-of-nowhere South Dakota you must really need to get there. Lack of options = higher price. A Disney park in Yankton would bring the price of airfare DOWN not up. You are correct that the demand would go way up but supply would also go up and I could always vacation somewhere else (like Orlando) which makes it tough for the airlines to stick it to me.

Look it up. Boston to Orlando vs. Boston to Rapid City or Sioux Falls as it stands now.

Over simplified. There are way more factors involved. For the first couple of years, prices would actually be launched into outerspace because it would take time for air carriers to create routes, shift resources, staff, etc...More demand does not immediately create more supply.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom