New Park?

disneymonger

Here are my thoughts:

I just got back from an 8 night trip and on that trip I went to Ohana for breakfast with my BF. The guy who takes your photo at Ohana told me that there was great news floating around that other CMs were excited because a new park was going to be built soon. Keep in mind, I was in WDW and he made it sound like he meant it was going to be built in that area. Who knows...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Here are my thoughts:

I just got back from an 8 night trip and on that trip I went to Ohana for breakfast with my BF. The guy who takes your photo at Ohana told me that there was great news floating around that other CMs were excited because a new park was going to be built soon. Keep in mind, I was in WDW and he made it sound like he meant it was going to be built in that area. Who knows...

So, it was a rumor that there were some excited CMs because there was a rumor that another park was going to be built....interesting.

LilDucky

they don't have the demand....and that is the deciding factor.....
I too think that there will be a fifth park one day, but because of this reason, I think we are years, probably decades off from getting a new park.

There are four parks and 2 water parks, and a week is not nearly enough time to get everything done. DAK is just now really picking up the pace, in my opinion. I just dont see a need for a new park right now. Do I want one? Hell yes! But we're not getting one anytime soon!

I3olTz

i really dont see another park coming to disney U.S, i mean they havent even finished building pop century......who knows whne they will continue work on that..

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
St. Louis To Orlando
Airfare for a family of 5 to from St Louis to Orlando $1250.00 to $1625.00 Plus a rent car for 4 days@ 35.00 PER DAY = 150.00

Driving distance = 1014 miles Driving time = 15 hours (2 days for the average family) Gas for a full size SUV @ 18 miles Per Gallon x $2.50 per Gallon= $140.00 each way. Two nights @ a roadside motel (one night each way)= $140.00

Total if you fly From St. Louis to Orlando $1400.00 to $1775.00
Total if you Drive From St. Louis to Orlando $560.00 and 4 days of your vacation blown on travel time(and alot of "Are we there yets?")

St. Louis to Dallas

Airfare for a family of 5 to from St Louis to Orlando $500.00 to $800.00 Plus a rent car for 4 days @ 30.00 PER DAY = 120.00

Driving distance = 659 miles Driving time = 10 hours (1 day for the average family) Gas for a full size SUV @ 18 miles Per Gallon x $2.50 per Gallon= $92.00 each way.

Total if you fly From St. Louis to Orlando $620.00 to $920.00
Total if you Drive From St. Louis to Orlando $184.00 and 2 days of your vacation blown on travel time.

At the very least you will save $855.00 if you fly or $376.00 and
2 Days if you drive.

Think about it and you'll see why Disney is coming to Texas. More families visiting more frequently and that is the plan my friends.

Go Colts!!!

Its not that simple.

For Disney to put a resort in Texas that would draw people from other states to spend their vacation time and dollars, they would need to put it somewhere that could support the influx of travelers. Not just hotel accomidations, but recreation outside of the resort. Think about it. In this day and age, you are not going to attract people to a one park resort, stuck out in the middle of nowhere. It was successful in Orlando because there simply was nother place like it except on the west coast. Dallas, the closest metro area to the two areas "leaked" has Six Flags and thats about it.

If Disney were going to do a resort in Texas, the San Antonio area would be the most logical place because of the tourism industry that is already established. Fiesta Texas, Sea World, River Walk, Alamo, shopping, and sports are already established. It would make sense for Disney to move into the San Antonio market and capture the tourism dollars that are already there. The competitors would also benefite as Disney would compound the number of people coming in.

This day and age, I do not see Disney spending the Billions of investment dollars needed in establishing a new resort in a fledgeling tourism market. It just does not make good sense.

Iakona

St. Louis To Orlando
Airfare for a family of 5 to from St Louis to Orlando $1250.00 to $1625.00 Plus a rent car for 4 days@ 35.00 PER DAY = 150.00

Driving distance = 1014 miles Driving time = 15 hours (2 days for the average family) Gas for a full size SUV @ 18 miles Per Gallon x $2.50 per Gallon= $140.00 each way. Two nights @ a roadside motel (one night each way)= $140.00

Total if you Drive From St. Louis to Orlando $560.00 and 4 days of your vacation blown on travel time(and alot of "Are we there yets?")

St. Louis to Dallas

Airfare for a family of 5 to from St Louis to Orlando $500.00 to $800.00 Plus a rent car for 4 days @ 30.00 PER DAY = 120.00

Driving distance = 659 miles Driving time = 10 hours (1 day for the average family) Gas for a full size SUV @ 18 miles Per Gallon x $2.50 per Gallon= $92.00 each way.

Total if you Drive From St. Louis to Orlando $184.00 and 2 days of your vacation blown on travel time.

2 Days if you drive.

Think about it and you'll see why Disney is coming to Texas. More families visiting more frequently and that is the plan my friends.

Go Colts!!!

So they are going to spend a billion + to get more people from St. Louis to visit a Disney theme park? I didn't realize St.Louis was such a hotbed of tourism to justify that expense. Learn something new everyday.

speck76

St. Louis To Orlando

St. Louis to Dallas

2 Days if you drive.

Go Colts!!!

YAY! for being "special" :sohappy:

ToTBellHop

The only way Disney is coming to Texas is if Bob Iger finally decides it's time to admit Walt's head really is frozen and they send it on a parade around the country...

LilDucky

So they are going to spend a billion + to get more people from St. Louis to visit a Disney theme park? I didn't realize St.Louis was such a hotbed of tourism to justify that expense. Learn something new everyday.
Me either!

Going to see one park is not worth the cost. Now, you could throw in going to San Antonio and other places, but then you would have to factor in the cost of gas and car rental to go see those.

Spend a few more bucks to go to Orlando, and you get 6 Disney parks, 2 Universal, and Seaworld (and the Seaworld water park, but I think thats supposed to open in like 2008 or 2009, I'm not sure).

I'm just counting the parks, not the nearby beaches, or other attractions that are a little farther away like Busch Gardens.

It may be "cheaper", but Orlando is the better deal

Wilt Dasney

It's TEXAS, folks

In the now vanished Disney in Texas thread, I gave examples of some items I culled from the internet that provided irrefutable proof of a longstanding link between Disney and Texas.

Well, ye doubters....just check this out! :eek:

niceonep23.jpg

How much proof will it take to CONVINCE you people?!?

TheTruth

Original Poster
I'm almost sorry I started this thread. I didn't mean for everyone to get up in arms about whether or not there is an impending/will be ever Texas Disney park. I just wanted to see what everyone thought about the picture that was posted on the investors page. I did label it New Park...just cause it was what was written as the caption. Sorry.
The real reason why I'm sorry is that everyone here is giving a miriad of reasons why Disney won't build a park anywhere. Cost, tourism base, economic reasons...whatever. But no one here is giving the reasons why they can. Because they are Disney. And I may just have a soft spot for the ideals set forth by the man that inspires me on a daily basis but Walt made the impossible believable. He made the wonderful...touchable. And he made a lot of our dreams come true. So just remember that when you get into a contest about who here is "righter." There are a million reasons why there shouldn't be another Disney park but only one reason why it should be...and that reason is because it's Disney. And to me...that reason outweighs anything else you can put up against it.
So I'm guessing that the answer to my question on whether anyone else here had heard anything about the posted picture on the investor page is:

"We're too busy counting the ways why there shouldn't be a park, we're too busy arguing about the fiscal dynamics of a Texas based attraction, and, more importantly, we're too busy trying to prove everyone else on a post wrong that we will completely ignore the question at hand."

Thanks guys...I guess next time I'll post a question that won't be taken so personally. Possibly something on gay marriage or stem cell research.

The Truth

ThumperDude

Here Here joshwill, I agree.
Back on topic. Disney should wait till all the idiots in the middle east kill themselves off then go in and build a new park. They can call it 'Disneys Desert Kingdom'. With rides like 'Mirage Mountain' and 'Aladdins Adventure' along with a huge sand castle as the center focal point. But whatever they do, don't forget the Dole Whips.

Lee

Adventurer

Not in a million years....
But, just for fun, how about backing up your claim with evidence of ANY kind.:rolleyes:

CAMWAR

Its not that simple.

For Disney to put a resort in Texas that would draw people from other states to spend their vacation time and dollars, they would need to put it somewhere that could support the influx of travelers. Not just hotel accomidations, but recreation outside of the resort. Think about it. In this day and age, you are not going to attract people to a one park resort, stuck out in the middle of nowhere. It was successful in Orlando because there simply was nother place like it except on the west coast. Dallas, the closest metro area to the two areas "leaked" has Six Flags and thats about it.

If Disney were going to do a resort in Texas, the San Antonio area would be the most logical place because of the tourism industry that is already established. Fiesta Texas, Sea World, River Walk, Alamo, shopping, and sports are already established. It would make sense for Disney to move into the San Antonio market and capture the tourism dollars that are already there. The competitors would also benefite as Disney would compound the number of people coming in.

This day and age, I do not see Disney spending the Billions of investment dollars needed in establishing a new resort in a fledgeling tourism market. It just does not make good sense.

I bet people told Disney the same stuff about Kissimmee. Gators and snakes is all it had going for it before Disney. As for going to San Antonio. Why go to a place that has so many other places than yours to spend money. Disney could care less about competitors benefiting from their presence.

CAMWAR

Sticks and Stones

St.Louis was just an example. Pick any mid western city and run the same #'s and it makes sense.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I bet people told Disney the same stuff about Kissimmee. Gators and snakes is all it had going for it before Disney. As for going to San Antonio. Why go to a place that has so many other places than yours to spend money. Disney could care less about competitors benefiting from their presence.

Maybe....but how many of your midwestern people are going to pay to fly or drive to Frisco or Selina to visit one park with nothing else to do? My guess, very few. Its a bad business decision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom