New Park?

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
1. The parks almost never fill to capacity.

THANK GOD FOR THIS! People would walk away from the Disney experience with a negative attitude! Can you imagine if there wasn't a "slow time" and the lines for attractions were at max? I, for one, wouldn't want to go and deal with it...and I think Disney realizes this...sure, the money would flow in but the spread of negative "word of mouth" would eventually hurt them. (People waiting in long lines aren't spending money). If they held out on building a new park based on the parks not filling to capacity...then they never would've built MGM or the Animal Kingdom. They needed MGM to put them back on the map because everybody had "been-there-done-that." If you keep the same parks for the rest of the time...you're mainly going to be drawing in locals. (Look at 6 Flags, Universal, and Disneyland). Universal wouldn't draw in more "out-of-towners" than locals if it wasn't for the big guy down the street. Disneyland brought out a new park to get more "out of towners" through the gates...and 6 Flags...LOL...how many people across the pond come over just to visit a 6 Flags?

2. Epcot pavilions.

I definitely agree that the current parks need more TLC before another gate opens up...and MGM is the front runner in my book...with Epcot coming in at a close second. MGM lost it's theme...I can't find one anywhere I look. It's not a "theme park" anymore...it's a "park." What does the Rock n Rollercoaster have to do with movie-making or movies...other than it's a rollercoaster through Hollywood? They need to completely overhaul this park and break it down into "lands" where each land could be a movie genre.

Wonders of Life is so sad sitting there...and, last week while I was there, I heard more than one guest say, "Why is this always closed when we're here?" There is no excuse for leaving vacant lots like that. Next on the list is Universe of Energy. I hadn't been on it in years...and I decided to ride it...wow...what is the purpose of this? They should call this the "Universe of Energy" sponsored by Ny-Quil. The daytime snoring, boring, awful, aching, throbbing feet, fever, so you can rest pavilion.
Imagination is number 3. Then...work on the back-section of World Showcase because there is no way you can get pre-teeners to have a good time back there when all of the rides are up front.

3. New Resorts.

Maybe not new resorts...but definitely new rooms...they're adding more rooms for a reason. More people on property...the more crowded the parks get...the bigger need for either 1. park expansion or 2. new gate.

Now, don't get me wrong, fix the problems with the parks they have now...but I really don't see a major park expansion to one or more parks or...another gate THAT far off in the future (I'd say 3-5 years).

Yeah Brian!!:sohappy:

ToTBellHop

Sure. Someday and somewhere. But not at WDW for until after...say...2020.
And FOR SURE not in Texas.
I would be more likely to think about Disneyland's 3rd park. That could actually enter development in the next 10 years...we'll have to see how DCA looks in 4 years...

Tim G

Nope.

Gonna be disappointed....:rolleyes:

Sure. Someday and somewhere. But not at WDW for until after...say...2020.
And FOR SURE not in Texas.

We even have the merchandise ready!

sampc2344a21e389571f.jpg

ToTBellHop

Where would they put a third park?
Let me take you down, 'cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real, and nothing to get hungabout
Strawberry Fields forever

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out, it doesn't matter much to me

No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
That is you can't you know tune in but it's all right, that is I think it's not too bad

Always, no sometimes, think it's me, but you know I know when it's a dream
I think I know I mean a "Yes" but it's all wrong, that is I think I disagree

Lee

Adventurer
He means that they would use the "Strawberry Field". Some land Disney finally bought several years ago. Not a real convenient spot....but there ain't much space left in Anaheim.

ToTBellHop

they would have to utilize some sort of efficient transportation system to make it feasible. This is one resort where a monorail expansion could actually happen...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom