News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

RSoxNo1

I wasn't too active on forums back then, but man what happened?! Having a (bigger) water feature makes all too much sense.. Seeing this makes me really sad as to what we could've gotten :(
Please. I know we all like to play the "what could have been" game but the originally announced new Fantasyland was 3 "Enchanted Tales with Belle" type experiences. It was a huge use of space with limited capacity on the most valuable real estate in WDW. It would have been a HUGE mistake. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has its faults (shorter than originally proposed, low capacity for a D-Ticket) but this version of Fantasyland is substantially better than what was originally announced.

gerarar

Premium Member
Please. I know we all like to play the "what could have been" game but the originally announced new Fantasyland was 3 "Enchanted Tales with Belle" type experiences. It was a huge use of space with limited capacity on the most valuable real estate in WDW. It would have been a HUGE mistake. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has its faults (shorter than originally proposed, low capacity for a D-Ticket) but this version of Fantasyland is substantially better than what was originally announced.
I apologize and already took back my statement. I didn’t really look into it at first and just briefly saw the water features and stuff, and assumed that was the part that was cut out and didn’t get. Heck I didn’t even notice 7DMT was missing from the concept art. I had no idea that a bunch of meet n greets was the original plan, and now I’m informed, thanks to y’all. I apologize again and very much grateful we got what we got instead. This other plan was indeed a disaster in the making!! Lesson learned; don’t judge a concept art by its cover!!

jt04

I apologize and already took back my statement. I didn’t really look into it at first and just briefly saw the water features and stuff, and assumed that was the part that was cut out and didn’t get. Heck I didn’t even notice 7DMT was missing from the concept art. I had no idea that a bunch of meet n greets was the original plan, and now I’m informed, thanks to y’all. I apologize again and very much grateful we got what we got instead. This other plan was indeed a disaster in the making!! Lesson learned; don’t judge a concept art by its cover!!

If you look closer at the concept art you will see there was much more being planned than just the m&gs.

Kamikaze

Ahh! Didn't really look into it hard enough lol, I just briefly saw the water and waterfall and bridge features and was like ooooh! Me want!
But yes, 7DMT over a meet-n-greet any day.

Kinda reminds me of the ax'ed bridge we didn't get in TSL either..

Big bridge guy

No Name

Important to note that that original plan would’ve kept Snow White’s Scary Adventures, instead of turning that into the meet and greet facility. There was a trade off, but a fine trade off, in my opinion. Of course if they were really smart they would’ve kept both.

You forgot to mention the roller coaster next to the train station. The leaked blueprints showing Dumbo spinners near the current circus tents and either pixie hollow or an Alice miniland. But I refuse to jump down this rabbit hole again. 🐰

That roller coaster is called the Barnstormer. It is there.

jt04

Important to note that that original plan would’ve kept Snow White’s Scary Adventures, instead of turning that into the meet and greet facility. There was a trade off, but a fine trade off, in my opinion. Of course if they were really smart they would’ve kept both.

That roller coaster is called the Barnstormer. It is there.

I didn't know barnstormer was a looping coaster.

Horizons1

You forgot to mention the roller coaster next to the train station. The leaked blueprints showing Dumbo spinners near the current circus tents and either pixie hollow or an Alice miniland. But I refuse to jump down this rabbit hole again. 🐰
It’s called artistic liberty.

HauntedMansionFLA

1/15/2020
B06ED09F-1605-4AC7-BCB3-168D60D80B99.jpeg
F6BADC79-D67C-4018-B0B0-3EC833781C90.jpeg
D35CA569-DC6A-4502-95D0-4B97CE87DC0F.jpeg
A9F1FD3D-CC26-4FD7-9343-0BF8506C9667.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom