News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

trainplane3

"Something about Disney parks not being a museum"
"Something about colors and art style being Mary Blair"
"Seamless"

I was hoping they'd tuck the lights behind the points in the panels. Yes there's a obvious connecting point there but you could still stick LEDs behind them.

Or at least do that^

Can they at least clean the panels as they do this? It looks bad. Even better would be panel replacements since the protective coating is gone and grime sticks to it now.

jrhwdw

"Seamless"

I was hoping they'd tuck the lights behind the points in the panels. Yes there's a obvious connecting point there but you could still stick LEDs behind them.

Can they at least clean the panels as they do this? It looks bad. Even better would be panel replacements since the protective coating is gone and grime sticks to it now.
And yet ROE stayed for 20 years with no one saying a word!!!!!

Brenthodge

418D730F-C073-423E-8931-61CE9C93BB56.jpeg
Only 20 bucks on line and they stick on!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And yet ROE stayed for 20 years with no one saying a word!!!!!

No one was saying RoE wasn’t past its time to be replaced but it was still a high-quality show that didn’t intrude on WSL. HARModious shows no signs of the latter, and the former remains to be seen. If it’s an IP-fest of movie clips and movie songs, expect severe backlash, at least around these forums.

TTA94

"Seamless"

Or at least do that^

Yeah those panels are nasty.

trainplane3

I'm very surprised to see them being surface mount and protruding so far. I was really expecting them to be embedded and be flush.
I think anyone with a brain expects that.

I'm hopeful the "test fit" PR pictures are actually test fits and that the final product is flush. If it isn't, it'll add even more to the whole "what is wrong with WDI" that's been going on for a bit.

It's really hard to follow his Instagram. All the social media sycophants heaping praise on pure mediocrity.
The barges haven't been well received even on instagram. You have the ones that eat anything up but the majority seems to be angry at them.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
"A few weeks ago we shared our exciting plans for new Spaceship Earth lighting debuting Oct. 1, 2021 as a Beacon of Magic during the 50th anniversary celebration @WaltDisneyWorld. Today I’m excited to give you a first look at one of the points of light, as overnight our team test fit the very first of these fixtures before we start installing at the top and working our way down! Our team at Imagineering has been hard at work innovating the design and technology for this poetic and inspirational lighting concept. And we’ve had to get quite ingenious in how we go about installing these new fixtures and all the high-tech systems so that they seamlessly integrate with the iconic profile of Spaceship Earth. There is a lot more work ahead as we continue installation and ready for testing, but I couldn’t wait to share with you that we’ve begun.

Continue to follow along here as we share more of our progress and the way our team developed and engineered this concept into being."

Attachments

• Question.jpeg
    Question.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 48

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom