News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Inspired Figment

I have no idea. I thought the institute had its own theme compared to the 80s version(?)
You’re right! And yes @MisterPenguin , it was Infact changed out mostly in ‘99 when the Institute IP revamp happened. Hence why it plays themes from both Journey Into YOUR Imagination & Honey, I Shrunk the Audience still, along with some of the film scores from Honey, I Shrunk/Blew Up the Kids’ film scores. But the bathrooms just so happened to keep the OG ‘82-98 (Magic Journeys/One Little Spark) loop.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Oh, I didn't realize it was changed out. So, the gift shop isn't using the old BGM?
The current gift shop basically utilizes the loop of music that plays in the current downstairs ImageWorks/What-If Labs, specifically the ‘Figment’s Melody Maker’ activity (partially inspired by the old Electronic Philharmonic activity from the upstairs version, it’s just not nearly as good). It’s an instrumental version of the “Flight to Imagination”/turntable/opening sequence of the original attraction where you met Dreamfinder & Figment on the flying Dreamcatching machine, not necessarily the original area loop if you get what I’m saying.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

*Or* perhaps that Harmonious circle is a portal all in itself.. we’ll just have to wait & see.. (grabs popcorn):

“Here to change the world, Oooh!”
Michael Jackson Reaction GIF

montyz81

From what I’ve listened to, maybe half of the published loop, the music is fine. But it doesn’t “feel” like Epcot. As in, it feels like a bunch of songs some WDI people who never set foot inside EPCOT Center, or even Epcot pre-2005, heard and thought, “Oh, that sounds like Epcot, let’s use it!” and this is what we got. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Couldn’t agree more!

Horizons1

But why has it been changed out across the rest of the pavilion but not the bathrooms... (If I'm correct there) I think that was the question.
Yes, that was the question.

My curiousity is to as why it was never changed out in the first place and how it survived this long. Was it intentional, was it over-looked, can they just not find the audio player hooked up to these speakers and it’s been going non stop to this very day?

Inspired Figment

My curiousity is to as why it was never changed out in the first place and how it survived this long. Was it intentional, was it over-looked, can they just not find the audio player hooked up to these speakers and it’s been going non stop to this very day?
In all honesty, I’d prefer the original music stays and gets turned on to play through the entire pavilion. It’s far, far better than the obnoxious guitar riffs & screeches that play outside it now. Lol!

Thelazer

I'm guessing, that these is a audio source, perhaps in the back of the building.. that someone forget to change the loop out on.. and more than likely, turn over occurred and I bet no on knows WHERE that source is fed from now.

Virtual Toad

Martin, were the original EPCOT music loops played back from tape, and if so, were they all converted to digital playback and about when did that occur? Like others, I'm fascinated behind the tech used to play music throughout the parks (and resorts as well for that matter).

ppete1975

Couldn't agree more. Everything else is symmetrical. And now with the flags those trees stick out even more. Design 101. I'm confident they will loose them. Would love to see the palm trees go back. It was a nice contrast to Spaceship Earth and would compliment the new entrance nicely.
And honestly for tourists the palm trees cement florida. If youre from the north it would really give you more of the stereotypical florida feel. I feel that was part of the original reason they were there. But thats an assumption

flyakite

What is wrong with these compositions that are on an album entitled “ Optimistic Themes”? 🤗🤔🧐
“Transform”. “Finding Your Way” “Beauty Within”
kinda like the message. 🥰

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom