News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Dreamer76

The current trees are so awkward. Never quite understood why theres one on one side and two on the other. I'm hoping this is one of the loose ends Zach Ridley alluded to tying up.
Couldn't agree more. Everything else is symmetrical. And now with the flags those trees stick out even more. Design 101. I'm confident they will loose them. Would love to see the palm trees go back. It was a nice contrast to Spaceship Earth and would compliment the new entrance nicely.

castlecake2.0

View attachment 537261
One great sightline and a million lost opportunities.
Fountain View- we've got fountains at home, why not give me a view of the world's only geodesic sphere.
Communicore didn't always obstruct the base from within the park, but they planted a mini-forest as a placeholder until it could.
Gateway gifts- if I am literally under the icon I want to feel like I'm in the park, not just a "gateway." Everything around the base should be leveled with new structures pushed back by Energy and Seas that can take advantage of the amazing view we only now enjoy in the entry plaza. Put the Starbucks there, put a restaurant there (and popcorn for me.) Let us sit relax and marvel at what has always worked at this park.
The park looked so much better with out the clutter of food booths and beer carts everywhere

Thelazer

If the flags feature the original icon's, it would have been great if they could have slipped in at least one instrumental version of one of the original rides. Heck with today's technology the playlist could be dynamic enough that it slips in a different original theme every day in random spots, kinda keeps things fresh that way.

peter11435

If the flags feature the original icon's, it would have been great if they could have slipped in at least one instrumental version of one of the original rides. Heck with today's technology the playlist could be dynamic enough that it slips in a different original theme every day in random spots, kinda keeps things fresh that way.
I believe the flags will eventually represent all 12 of the current icons

castlecake2.0

Some of the under canopy speakers certainly towards SSE it seems. Perhaps around the stroller rental area / Merf Cove area.
When I was there the other day it was definitely playing in the restroom areas inside and out. You could hear it as you walked by them. Also playing outside in the arrival area. I didn’t hear it near the stroller rentals but might not have been close enough to it. Also don’t remember hearing any music at all playing in the camera center.

side note: original imagination loop was playing loud and proud in the imag! Restrooms ;)

Movielover

Some of the under canopy speakers certainly towards SSE it seems. Perhaps around the stroller rental area / Merf Cove area.

When I was there the other day it was definitely playing in the restroom areas inside and out. You could hear it as you walked by them. Also playing outside in the arrival area. I didn’t hear it near the stroller rentals but might not have been close enough to it. Also don’t remember hearing any music at all playing in the camera center.

side note: original imagination loop was playing loud and proud in the imag! Restrooms ;)
As a sound engineer I would love to see how their audio systems are set up. Wonder how many speakers are tied to a single individual area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As a sound engineer I would love to see how their audio systems are set up. Wonder how many speakers are tied to a single individual area.
Legacy systems can still be very old fashioned. Newer ones (although I’m going back a decade) has each individual speaker addressable separately- even on say a mast with 4 speakers on it.

Somewhere I’ve got the original Showcase promenade master speaker plan. It’s a phenomenal piece of work for 1982 - and also shows the intent of holding parades on the promenade since the park opened until they ballsed it up.

dreday3

I always thought Disney + should do a short series about just this type of thing. I would love to see the behinds the scenes of the parks, the parades, the fireworks, etc. - the mechanics of it all.

There must be an army of people behind the scenes.

Anyways, I would watch it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom