News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Prototype82

I hope the tieing up involves adding trees rather than taking them away.
I'd normally feel that way, but we literally have a sea of dozens of crepe myrtles where nothing but concrete and stone-cold marble once stood. The concept art pieces seem to have a treeless open base past this sea of trees. If we don't get the palms, I'd prefer this streamlined option. Would make the greenery cohesive and clean. And while they don't look great in my opinion at the base of SSE, they should totally be transplanted.

sedati

1614907207216.png

One great sightline and a million lost opportunities.
Fountain View- we've got fountains at home, why not give me a view of the world's only geodesic sphere.
Communicore didn't always obstruct the base from within the park, but they planted a mini-forest as a placeholder until it could.
Gateway gifts- if I am literally under the icon I want to feel like I'm in the park, not just a "gateway." Everything around the base should be leveled with new structures pushed back by Energy and Seas that can take advantage of the amazing view we only now enjoy in the entry plaza. Put the Starbucks there, put a restaurant there (and popcorn for me.) Let us sit relax and marvel at what has always worked at this park.

ppete1975

View attachment 537261
One great sightline and a million lost opportunities.
Fountain View- we've got fountains at home, why not give me a view of the world's only geodesic sphere.
Communicore didn't always obstruct the base from within the park, but they planted a mini-forest as a placeholder until it could.
Gateway gifts- if I am literally under the icon I want to feel like I'm in the park, not just a "gateway." Everything around the base should be leveled with new structures pushed back by Energy and Seas that can take advantage of the amazing view we only now enjoy in the entry plaza. Put the Starbucks there, put a restaurant there (and popcorn for me.) Let us sit relax and marvel at what has always worked at this park.
the gateway gifts and camera area could be so much more..... i remember that area when the park opened... of course who needs film now.

aladdin2007

the gateway gifts and camera area could be so much more..... i remember that area when the park opened... of course who needs film now.
speaking of, any reason why there are ten or more castmembers at one time working in these little stores now? its impossible to look around or shop and seems way overboard, just wondering what the deal is. Is it necessary to have two or more at every single doorway?

ppete1975

speaking of, any reason why there are ten or more castmembers at one time working in these little stores now? its impossible to look around or shop and seems way overboard, just wondering what the deal is. Is it necessary to have two or more at every single doorway?
easily stolen 10-20 dollar pins i assume, havent been in several years though.... fall 2022..im coming back though!!

J4546

easily stolen 10-20 dollar pins i assume, havent been in several years though.... fall 2022..im coming back though!!
i cant imagine stealing from disneyworld or anywhere but really...they have so many cameras that you can see and prob many more hidden around and they know every person on the property, itd be almost impossible to not get caught

ppete1975

i cant imagine stealing from disneyworld or anywhere but really...they have so many cameras that you can see and prob many more hidden around and they know every person on the property, itd be almost impossible to not get caught
maybe i shouldnt share this. Let me know if i need to delete it. When my nephew was like 3 he saw us putting stuff in the stroller.. wed buy something put it in the basket. So half way through our day in epcot i see him put something back there. Hed been picking up toys and putting them back there prob all day. I explained the situation to the cashier and gave them everything that he had taken. (he really didnt know, he was just doing what we did). And they thought it was funny and thought he was cute. So im sure it happens often.

dreamfinder912

I feel like a proud parent. I've been listening to Two Steps From Hell for years. My spouse and I were going to go to London in April 2020 to see them perform for our honeymoon. Which is now happening in June 2022...(maybe.) I'm so thrilled they're in this loop. I'm still listening to the whole video posted a few pages back, I'm pretty happy with it. And let's not forget to celebrate it ISN'T just a "epcot sounding" mix of disney music. (I really hate the DHS loop)

UNCgolf

Oh right. It’s catchy, I just didn’t find it that hard to get out of my head. I suppose it is the most relevant example.

I feel like a crazy person because I didn't find it remotely catchy. Actually went and listened to it again a few minutes ago because of this thread and I still could not hum the tune right now.

Not to say I thought it was a bad song; it's not. Music doesn't need to be catchy to be good. Just not an ear worm for me.

Haymarket2008

I feel like a proud parent. I've been listening to Two Steps From Hell for years. My spouse and I were going to go to London in April 2020 to see them perform for our honeymoon. Which is now happening in June 2022...(maybe.) I'm so thrilled they're in this loop. I'm still listening to the whole video posted a few pages back, I'm pretty happy with it. And let's not forget to celebrate it ISN'T just a "epcot sounding" mix of disney music. (I really hate the DHS loop)

Same here! Nero is one of my FAVS! So cool to hear it in this context.

raymusiccity

maybe i shouldnt share this. Let me know if i need to delete it. When my nephew was like 3 he saw us putting stuff in the stroller.. wed buy something put it in the basket. So half way through our day in epcot i see him put something back there. Hed been picking up toys and putting them back there prob all day. I explained the situation to the cashier and gave them everything that he had taken. (he really didnt know, he was just doing what we did). And they thought it was funny and thought he was cute. So im sure it happens often.
Guaranteed that the cost of 'shrinkage' is adjusted by Disney. Just another reason why souvenirs are expensive.

Goofyernmost

When it comes to the foliage in front of and in back of SSE, I feel it will depend on what they are planning in the line of projections on the geodesic sphere. Like the size and quantities of trees in front of Cinderella Castle, so goes the foliage blocking the view of SSE. Just about every ICON in WDW is subject to night time projections. I don't see any reason why the same thing won't apply to SSE. Until humans can be developed to see through trees, that will always be a consideration for WDI.

ppete1975

Guaranteed that the cost of 'shrinkage' is adjusted by Disney. Just another reason why souvenirs are expensive.
even though we returned everything, im sure we messed up alot of inventories. But i can also see people teaching their kids to do this behavior, then just say oh im sorry, i didnt notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom