New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

brb1006

I like SeaWorld. I also don't think any of their animals are abused.. and it makes me sad that people let a documentary shape their views on an organization that does great things for marine life.

Anyway., RoL will open..at some point., I think that's all anyone here actually knows.lol
I like SeaWorld since it's one of the only places I get to see any seals (Sea Lions) more often since they are one of my favorite animals.

Brian Swan

Been saying myself that ROE needs to be replaced for years. Hopefully, this Sunday will be the last time I see the show. This show went from spectacular 20-25 years ago to a great big *yawn* since then. Glad to see it leave, if/when it does.
Iremember all the way back to the "Laserphonic Fantasy" that blew me away. I think I've seen every major iteration of the since. My personal favorite was the version that had a "middle movement" comprised of short international melodies, and as each was playing, the matching nation was illuminated (IllumiNations, get it). There was even some early projection mapping (I remember Germany being "turned into" gingerbread houses). IllumiNations is still my favorite PM show at WDW, but I agree it could use some work...

jrhwdw

Iremember all the way back to the "Laserphonic Fantasy" that blew me away. I think I've seen every major iteration of the since. My personal favorite was the version that had a "middle movement" comprised of short international melodies, and as each was playing, the matching nation was illuminated (IllumiNations, get it). There was even some early projection mapping (I remember Germany being "turned into" gingerbread houses). IllumiNations is still my favorite PM show at WDW, but I agree it could use some work...
I know that there was lots of promotional shots of Illuminations. Many I never saw in the original Illuminations. The American Adventure becoming a Capital comes to mind.

rle4lunch

I know that there was lots of promotional shots of Illuminations. Many I never saw in the original Illuminations. The American Adventure becoming a Capital comes to mind.

I was there as a kid in 1982/84/86 and succinctly remember the 1986 Illuminations show. I know others on here will go bats$$$ crazy when I say this, but the show hasn't changed much since then. They still float a big dumb ball out on the water, still have hard to see projections on it, still have lackluster ground effect fireworks, yada yada. It's was mind blowing when I was a kid. Now, it's mind numbing. It's just alright..

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
And you better bet that many of the CMs would gladly take the chance to see it again.

Not to mention the fact that it also seems that the show is a work in progress (especially the ending) and there will likely be cast members who want to see it again just to see if they've changed anything... be the first to see the "grand finale" (when they finally get it worked out)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was there as a kid in 1982/84/86 and succinctly remember the 1986 Illuminations show. I know others on here will go bats$$$ crazy when I say this, but the show hasn't changed much since then. They still float a big dumb ball out on the water, still have hard to see projections on it, still have lackluster ground effect fireworks, yada yada. It's was mind blowing when I was a kid. Now, it's mind numbing. It's just alright..
I saw Laserphonic Fanatsy as well.

And it was generations behind RoE.

RSoxNo1

On the latest premium episode of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish w/Jim Hill and @lentesta they discussed this. Per Jim, Iger saw a video of the CM previews and didn't think there was enough there for it to stand on it's own. It could be delayed as far as Summer 2017 to open with Avatar where it wouldn't bear the grunt of the pressure. He also mentioned that they would open it with little change and then develop a new show within 3-4 years after the initial costs of Rivers of Light have been absorbed/written off.

prfctlyximprct

ABE14E32-214A-4AE5-B5FD-B3774A452AE1_zpsuyfcssk3.png

prfctlyximprct

On the latest premium episode of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish w/Jim Hill and @lentesta they discussed this. Per Jim, Iger saw a video of the CM previews and didn't think there was enough there for it to stand on it's own. It could be delayed as far as Summer 2017 to open with Avatar where it wouldn't bear the grunt of the pressure. He also mentioned that they would open it with little change and then develop a new show within 3-4 years after the initial costs of Rivers of Light have been absorbed/written off.

Basically what you said.

Mike S

So, over a full year's delay from the original date? I think I'll love the show but this is getting comical.

JAMMYD778

Is there any insight as to whether this new round of previews will feature show changes such as the updated finale (with working fire etc.)?

Also, I severely hope the Iger rumour isn't true!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom