New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

jrhwdw

On the latest premium episode of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish w/Jim Hill and @lentesta they discussed this. Per Jim, Iger saw a video of the CM previews and didn't think there was enough there for it to stand on it's own. It could be delayed as far as Summer 2017 to open with Avatar where it wouldn't bear the grunt of the pressure. He also mentioned that they would open it with little change and then develop a new show within 3-4 years after the initial costs of Rivers of Light have been absorbed/written off.
Would I be right to think Jim is wrong on this? We have 2 more CM previews next week. After that who knows???????
I don't think DAK would have scheduled 2 more CM previews(Please don't cancel them!!!!) if this was/is shelved to next summer per Iger. Also, If Iger's news is true, what would that do to WDW attendance after New Years ??? After the Pulse/Gator summer and STILL NO ROL plus No Replacement For MSEP. Not even an announcement of more FOF! Just a FOF Ice Cream party on the riverboat with is Tiana plus PRICEY Cabanas in Tomrrowland!(MK should of waited til the Cabanas included NIGHT parade viewing!)

I think its time for TDO to start talking!!! Get ROL to a point where the public could stand it and keep improving on it while its opened. Also, approve and announce MSEP's Replacement!

On the other hand Jim's news sounds a little familiar to me. Kind of like the DOA news last week and the news of CM Previews the very next day. Maybe Disney will say something tomorrow and shoot Jim's news down?

Mike S

Would I be right to think Jim is wrong on this? We have 2 more CM previews next week. After that who knows???????
I don't think DAK would have scheduled 2 more CM previews(Please don't cancel them!!!!) if this was/is shelved to next summer per Iger. Also, If Iger's news is true, what would that do to WDW attendance after New Years ??? After the Pulse/Gator summer and STILL NO ROL plus No Replacement For MSEP. Not even an announcement of more FOF! Just a FOF Ice Cream party on the riverboat with is Tiana plus PRICEY Cabanas in Tomrrowland!(MK should of waited til the Cabanas included NIGHT parade viewing!)

I think its time for TDO to start talking!!! Get ROL to a point where the public could stand it and keep improving on it while its opened. Also, approve and announce MSEP's Replacement!

On the other hand Jim's news sounds a little familiar to me. Kind of like the DOA news last week and the news of CM Previews the very next day. Maybe Disney will say something tomorrow and shoot Jim's news down?
I hope he's wrong but after all the other delays it wouldn't surprise me at all.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If that Iger rumor is true...what a colossal mess. That sort of decision should have been made in the planning/design phase.

The plans changed due to tech not working right. If the rumor is true, it's the new reality that's being put on delay, not the original plan.

Well, I guess @WDW1974 was right?

No, no one is right if a last minute change is made, unless they predicted a last minute change.

Or, are you counting being coincidentally right as being the same as having the correct insider information?

JoeCamel

The plans changed due to tech not working right. If the rumor is true, it's the new reality that's being put on delay, not the original plan.

No, no one is right if a last minute change is made, unless they predicted a last minute change.

Or, are you counting being coincidentally right as being the same as having the correct insider information?

Maybe Bob told Spirit it was not up to snuff and that is what was passed on? Who knows what lurks in the hearts of men........

toolsnspools

I would think there are major concerns about what guests will do that aren't watching the show. If only 5,000 can watch at a time, and it has to start after dark, the 5,000+ hoping to see showing #2 would be: Waiting for rides on Everest, in Dinoland, and ???. Everything else in the park will be closed. I guess you could keep the restaurants open, but who's going to sit at a table if it might make them miss RoL? Nobody wants to ride Kali at that time of the night. There will be tons of people twiddling their thumbs until the gates re-open, and then a mad rush to get a seat. Recipe for disaster...

prfctlyximprct

My poor poor ROL... it's strange because David Miller wrote in his Instagram post that everything went well at work.. so I don't think they are throwing in the towel! Is it weird that his cryptic captions seem like a call out to his stalker?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
On the latest premium episode of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish w/Jim Hill and @lentesta He also mentioned that they would open it with little change and then develop a new show within 3-4 years after the initial costs of Rivers of Light have been absorbed/written off.

That shouldn't come as a huge surprise. It's basically exactly what they did with World of Color and I thought the original version of that show was fantastic. When they designed the infrastructure for this show, they designed it to be versatile. Wouldn't shock me at all to see a Holiday show after several years that is radically different from the original shoe but uses all the same original equipment or possible a 50th anniversary version (both similar to what DCA did with WoC).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
On the latest premium episode of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish w/Jim Hill and @lentesta they discussed this. Per Jim, Iger saw a video of the CM previews and didn't think there was enough there for it to stand on it's own. It could be delayed as far as Summer 2017 to open with Avatar where it wouldn't bear the grunt of the pressure. He also mentioned that they would open it with little change and then develop a new show within 3-4 years after the initial costs of Rivers of Light have been absorbed/written off.

When did Iger suddenly get standards when it comes to the theme parks?

Rteetz

My poor poor ROL... it's strange because David Miller wrote in his Instagram post that everything went well at work.. so I don't think they are throwing in the towel! Is it weird that his cryptic captions seem like a call out to his stalker?
If they were holding this until pandoras opening I don't know why they would have more CM previews next week.

Rodan75

There seems to be a lot of conflicting info being "leaked" out on everything going on with the parks lately. Either it's intentional and done to weed out sources or they really just can't make up their minds on anything these days.

That or the org has become more siloed at a higher level with operational groups just not knowing what is going on until decisions are handed down. Leading to more rumors since folks think they know what is going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom