New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I believe Martin has dropped some hints that drones could make an appearance in the next version of IllumiNations.
That's what I believe. Though the shows future is murky. It could be a totally new show. It could be a radical overhaul. Or it could be an incremental plussing over a period of time. I believe scenarios exist for all 3 routes.

cjkeating

Based on the previews I think it is best that WDI/AK continue to work on the show and not premiere to the public until it is ready. We are a day away from December so they might as well wait until Easter next year for soft opens and have its official launch on Earth Day.

Hopefully they can use this additional time to both get the show to run without error and add in any show elements that haven't made it into the version simply because they have been working on the 'big' elements.

FigmentForver96

Pains me to say, but it is probably time for a brand new show. Fingers crossed that if they go that route it is an appropriate successor to the greatest nighttime show evahhh
It definetly is time, and this is coming from the man who will cry like a baby the entire night of its last performance. Disney can make great nighttime spectaculars as they have proven time and time again. Just leave the IPs out of it.

prfctlyximprct

E0482612-9FBC-46D7-A089-F29CE986F564_zpsoffwh8et.png

078108F9-B77E-4F9C-80BE-97562CABFA02_zps21fghzr9.png

I feel terrible for all those working so hard :(

HauntedMansionFLA

Based on the previews I think it is best that WDI/AK continue to work on the show and not premiere to the public until it is ready. We are a day away from December so they might as well wait until Easter next year for soft opens and have its official launch on Earth Day.

Hopefully they can use this additional time to both get the show to run without error and add in any show elements that haven't made it into the version simply because they have been working on the 'big' elements.
Make sure the show is done right. If you have to wait till Earth day, fine. Heck, if you want the night time experience to open with a bang. Open the show when Pandora has it's grand opening. Give people plenty to do and see.

No Name

E0482612-9FBC-46D7-A089-F29CE986F564_zpsoffwh8et.png

078108F9-B77E-4F9C-80BE-97562CABFA02_zps21fghzr9.png

I feel terrible for all those working so hard :(

I don't feel bad for them. A couple of trolls on Twitter don't represent the whole pool of guests, and the people involved in the show should know that. The trolls are trying to evoke some form of reaction or attention, and she (and we too) are only encouraging them to continue.

I've come across a few true criticisms of the show, but the vast, vast majority of what I've seen is positive.

This show would not belong at SeaWorld anyway because nothing is being abused. ;)

I like how he followed up with 'I haven't seen the show yet'

That isn't the guy who made the SeaWorld comment. I think he's a friend or colleague and she just tagged him in the beginning of the tweet. Very confusing way to write it.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Damn. Comparing to SeaWorld is a really low blow.

SeaWorld runs hot and cold.

While the penguin ride is atrocious, the penguin pen is really nice.

Also, their Christmas trees on the waters show is pretty good since each tree is like a LED screen. And their ice skating show was pretty good.

However, their old Knights of Tir Na Nog was so bad, I was constantly bursting out laughing, I mean literally laughing, at the surprisingly D-List IP they were using and the 70's tech 'laser show.'

So, just saying 'SeaWorld worthy' as a put down is unfair. It's a put down only half the time.

FigmentJedi

The guy who said it belongs in Sea World is the Voldemort of this board. We can't link to his site, but he did see the preview and stated "This belongs at Sea World as of right now, not at Disney's Animal Kingdom". It's the last line of his review.
At least that video podcast on the canceled Disney Mountain project was cool.

21stamps

SeaWorld runs hot and cold.

While the penguin ride is atrocious, the penguin pen is really nice.

Also, their Christmas trees on the waters show is pretty good since each tree is like a LED screen. And their ice skating show was pretty good.

However, their old Knights of Tir Na Nog was so bad, I was constantly bursting out laughing, I mean literally laughing, at the surprisingly D-List IP they were using and the 70's tech 'laser show.'

So, just saying 'SeaWorld worthy' as a put down is unfair. It's a put down only half the time.
I like SeaWorld. I also don't think any of their animals are abused.. and it makes me sad that people let a documentary shape their views on an organization that does great things for marine life.

Anyway., RoL will open..at some point., I think that's all anyone here actually knows.lol

rle4lunch

It definetly is time, and this is coming from the man who will cry like a baby the entire night of its last performance. Disney can make great nighttime spectaculars as they have proven time and time again. Just leave the IPs out of it.

Been saying myself that ROE needs to be replaced for years. Hopefully, this Sunday will be the last time I see the show. This show went from spectacular 20-25 years ago to a great big *yawn* since then. Glad to see it leave, if/when it does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom