New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Den Carter

Getting kinda irked off by the lack of comment from Disney. Expensive trip planned for November. Would like some idea of whether or not this show will be open. Fastpasses are gonna be a b- to get. I had planned this trip for November with the anticipation and hopes of RoL already being opened (and bugs worked out) beforehand- one of very few reasons I chose November over late spring/early fall. Next time, I'll plan on visiting two or three years after something new is supposed to debut. Lesson learned!

I'm here right now and booked last year for five months after ROL opening feeling confident that I'd be here to see it and with enough time for any teething problems to have been ironed out. Wrong! Oh well... Live and learn... Still have a wonderful trip

JohnD

On another site someone said the launch date is now Oct 31st.. Hate to say it but that was the time frame meantioned awhile back, actually I believe November was for quite some time. We may still have a several more weeks to go yet.

I would have to reschedule things during my 10/29 - 11/4 trip. I'm hoping to see it 10/30. Going to MNSSHP 10/31. Planning to see SW fireworks on 11/2. That leaves 11/1 (where I have a Rose & Crown 8pm ADR and Illuminations) or 11/3 with Fantasmic Dinner package. Seen both so will be ready to swap out one of them for ROL.

prfctlyximprct

Same person just reported again that a CM said the hard deadline for the show is Saturday. I don't really know what that means but yeah. And they even have EE CMs working on this to get it ready.

Well that would have given them 10 days/ nights to work on it according to David Miller's IG posts. He did say they would finish up in a week "or so" so I guess this makes sense.

JohnD

This seems supported by the recent November park hours update which has AK open until 8:30pm through 11/5, but then inexplicably do a blanket scale back to 7pm for every day in the rest of the month, even Thanksgiving weekend. It seems like Disney intends to change post-11/5 park hours once it officially announces RoL's premiere.

It's not inexplicable. The very next day we return to standard time. Clocks are set back by one hour. As far as the animals are concerned humans will be out of the park 30 minutes earlier. So based on sunlight, nothing really changes.

prfctlyximprct

It's not inexplicable. The very next day we return to standard time. Clocks are set back by one hour. As far as the animals are concerned humans will be out of the park 30 minutes earlier. So based on sunlight, nothing really changes.

I'd agree with you but it's the same for HS and the Star Wars fireworks. As of now, calendars only are accurate until November 5th. I'd bet things will change, regardless of ROL.

TTA94

Report from someone there today was the CMs are even setting up queuing to practice for the real thing.

Same person just reported again that a CM said the hard deadline for the show is Saturday. I don't really know what that means but yeah. And they even have EE CMs working on this to get it ready.

Well that would have given them 10 days/ nights to work on it according to David Miller's IG posts. He did say they would finish up in a week "or so" so I guess this makes sense.

Interesting. Wish we knew what this meant. Softs or special preview events happening soon? There was that rumor of softs happening the week of the 16th...

JohnD

I'd agree with you but it's the same for HS and the Star Wars fireworks. As of now, calendars only are accurate until November 5th. I'd bet things will change, regardless of ROL.

I agree. SW fireworks were first listed on 4 days a week in October only. Then extended through 11/5. We may see changes in the November calendar for all parks as early as Saturday (10/1).

JohnD

Feel you! Will be there November 4-13 (as I'm sure everyone on this thread is tired of hearing) and am not banking on seeing it. Was really looking forward to the show, and I refuse to watch it on YouTube when I return. So I guess I'll finally see ROL in a future trip... who knows when that will be. :(

SOL on ROL :( :( :(

I'm checking out 11/4 but at a college homecoming in Central Florida that weekend. I'll drive back if I have to if it runs 11/4 or 11/5.

drew81

Couple thoughts-

Will this show run in the rain or bad weather? If not, will they do a show dump of all guests waiting in the seats? And if there are multiple shows will they load 2nd show with guests? Think when Fantasmic goes 101. Could be fun when there are more guests wanting to see it than there are seats.

;);););)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom