New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

WildcatDen

Interesting. Wish we knew what this meant. Softs or special preview events happening soon? There was that rumor of softs happening the week of the 16th...
I trust @marni1971 more than Serpico, but I am still hearing the week of 10/16 for some kind of performances, be they called previews, softs, or other. Based on Serpico's comments, if this is not open by the end of October for 'normal' operation, I would be surprised.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I trust @marni1971 more than Serpico, but I am still hearing the week of 10/16 for some kind of performances, be they called previews, softs, or other. Based on Serpico's comments, if this is not open by the end of October for 'normal' operation, I would be surprised.

I hope you are right. I just scheduled a trip for 10/29 - 11/2. I would LOVE if the show was running by then. I'm willing to guess that @prfctlyximprct would love this as well.

TTA94

Still can't help but wonder about October 9th with that being MSEP last performance and Disney's possible thinking of soft opening due to most APs and CMs being at MK.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
absolutely. Mid November for the big hoopla with various previews beforehand.

If it's not open to general guests by Halloween I'd be surprised. If everything is okay-ed.

brb1006

If it's not open to general guests by Halloween I'd be surprised. If everything is okay-ed.
Especially since November and December is the Holiday seasons and is the perfect opportunity for Disney to advertise it's new additions the parks. Such as the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Philadelphia and the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade (Which hadn't been as amazing as I remember back in 2004 and 2005.)

Jones14

Not that the schedules are dependent upon each other, but Dinosaur is supposed to reopen mid-October. If anything of note (i.e. a visible onstage enhancement) were to be improved during the refurbishment, marketing could jump on it as "Come experience a brand new nighttime spectacular, a newly enhanced classic, and the wonders of Animal Kingdom at night!"

TTA94

Have to admit I'm a bit confused on the time frame here, and the mid November big hoopla thing... Are you basically saying it will mostly likely be open to everyone before that but 100% full swing by mid November?

TTA94

Mid November is grand opening.

I'm thinking there is actual dates set now, or very close to being set, for softs, previews and grand opening just being kept very quiet.

Also I think these softs are being aimed, but probably not restricted, toward the APs, DVC, CMs and locals. Then the grand opening in November for all the vacationers. In hopes of preventing craziness on opening lol.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom