New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

halltd

The other part about Disney's Animal Kingdom that management fails to understand about the audience and their desires is so obvious, they've completely missed it. People go to Animal Kingdom to see Animals. I can't think of the last time animal programs actually expanded.
Unfortunately, I don't think you're right here. I've read the lack of "attractions" and/or rides with queues is why DAK struggled from day one. The American public doesn't like to discover and wander at parks. The want to queue up and ride things. I've also heard tons of people in the park complain about this firsthand. As well as with my own friends. It's my favorite park because of the animals, but I don't think this is the overriding thought of the general public (as much as I'd love it to be).

PhotoDave219

Unfortunately, I don't think you're right here. I've read the lack of "attractions" and/or rides with queues is why DAK struggled from day one. The American public doesn't like to discover and wander at parks. The want to queue up and ride things. I've also heard tons of people in the park complain about this firsthand. As well as with my own friends. It's my favorite park because of the animals, but I don't think this is the overriding thought of the general public (as much as I'd love it to be).

I'll give you that, there is a giant lack of things to do at DAK.

Biff215

Well, like you said, society is conditioned to not go out and seek & find their own fun. They would rather wait in line for it.

I used to watch the tigers for hours.
We've done the same with the gorillas. We had no problem spending a full day at AK.

I hope the terrible projection is addressed when RoL finally starts. If it had been clear with a solid water screen, I really believe guests would have enjoyed JB more. I saw the movie and couldn't always guess what was on the screen.

brb1006

We've done the same with the gorillas. We had no problem spending a full day at AK.

I hope the terrible projection is addressed when RoL finally starts. If it had been clear with a solid water screen, I really believe guests would have enjoyed JB more. I saw the movie and couldn't always guess what was on the screen.
I remember the water projection was easier to see for the preview of ROL months ago before Jungle Book was set.

MonkeyHead

I agree with this. Hours extended until probably 9. Epcot closes at 9 in the fall and winter because of the daylight. AK will likely be the same.

Epcot closes at 9 because it has for YEARS. Also because it has a giant shopping and dining component. Also because it's the second most attended park.

DAK will not be staying open late in October (a slow time of year) with nothing to entice people there.

djkidkaz

I'll weigh in here.....

You're not going to entice crowds to stay late at Animal Kingdom until Avatar Opens and Rivers of Light actually gets on track. They're aiming for April for Avatar, FWIW.

The other part about Disney's Animal Kingdom that management fails to understand about the audience and their desires is so obvious, they've completely missed it. People go to Animal Kingdom to see Animals. I can't think of the last time animal programs actually expanded.

There just aren't a lot of visible or easily accessible animals. In the Oasis it's generally just a bunch of ducks I the water and the exhibits on either side are usually empty or have one anteater hidden in the bushes. Then you get to discovery island which has animals on the tree of life garden path which has been closed for quite a long time and the tamarins across from Starbucks which are rarely out. So you have the two walking paths in the parks and then if you want to see more animals you have to ride safari or go over to rafikis to pet a sheep. I think they need to add animals to the oasis for sure and then add in more stop and view exhibits similar to the monkeys in Asia.

rawisericho

Epcot closes at 9 because it has for YEARS. Also because it has a giant shopping and dining component. Also because it's the second most attended park.

DAK will not be staying open late in October (a slow time of year) with nothing to entice people there.

Is it? We were at Disney last October and it was packed. Routine 120 waits for SDMM, GMR was up to 60, it seemed pretty freakin busy.

wdwfan22

I disagree with you on this statement. People don't want to see animals, they want rides. Guests complain that Animal Kingdom is a glorified zoo when the park first opened. Remember the campaign Disney animal kingdom nahtazu. To this date I still hear people complain the park is boring and not enough attractions.

prfctlyximprct

If they were cutting stuff from the show as is, why can't they just cut what doesn't freaking work? Epcot has had a barge come out for years... What the heck is taking months, now five, to delay this? I don't get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom