New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Rteetz

Epcot closes at 9 because it has for YEARS. Also because it has a giant shopping and dining component. Also because it's the second most attended park.

DAK will not be staying open late in October (a slow time of year) with nothing to entice people there.
Do you know this for a fact or are you just guessing?

wdwfan22

Epcot closes at 9 because it has for YEARS. Also because it has a giant shopping and dining component. Also because it's the second most attended park.

DAK will not be staying open late in October (a slow time of year) with nothing to entice people there.

Disney's Animal Kingdom will remain open during the evening hours during October

PhotoDave219

I disagree with you on this statement. People don't want to see animals, they want rides. Guests complain that Animal Kingdom is a glorified zoo when the park first opened. Remember the campaign Disney animal kingdom nahtazu. To this date I still hear people complain the park is boring and not enough attractions.

Then......

How does building an 5+ Billion Dollar park in Shanghai fix that?

doctornick

I disagree with you on this statement. People don't want to see animals, they want rides. Guests complain that Animal Kingdom is a glorified zoo when the park first opened. Remember the campaign Disney animal kingdom nahtazu. To this date I still hear people complain the park is boring and not enough attractions.

Yes and no. There are a lot of people who visit WDW who have a lot of varying interests (that's, interestingly, one of the strengths of WDW is that it has broad appeal among different people). There are almost certainly groups of people visiting WDW who want DAK to have more live animals and would be more pleased by having an additional trail over some more rides. There's also plenty of people who feel that DAK is a half day park that needs more rides. There's folks that feel DAK is a full day park or multi-day park that has plenty to do -- and others who feel there isn't enough to do but would be happy with more animals, shows or rides.

Point being, there's no reason to pigeon hole "all" or "most" guests into any specific category.

That all said, I do think that DAK would benefit from expansion (even beyond the plans for Pandora and RoL) to appeal to the widest range of guests. Some large scale daytime entertainment (boat "parade" on the river?), an additional animal trailer, some more rides -- just some additional attractions in general would help to round out the park for those guests who feel it is lacking.

wdwfan22

Yes and no. There are a lot of people who visit WDW who have a lot of varying interests (that's, interestingly, one of the strengths of WDW is that it has broad appeal among different people). There are almost certainly groups of people visiting WDW who want DAK to have more live animals and would be more pleased by having an additional trail over some more rides. There's also plenty of people who feel that DAK is a half day park that needs more rides. There's folks that feel DAK is a full day park or multi-day park that has plenty to do -- and others who feel there isn't enough to do but would be happy with more animals, shows or rides.

Point being, there's no reason to pigeon hole "all" or "most" guests into any specific category.

That all said, I do think that DAK would benefit from expansion (even beyond the plans for Pandora and RoL) to appeal to the widest range of guests. Some large scale daytime entertainment (boat "parade" on the river?), an additional animal trailer, some more rides -- just some additional attractions in general would help to round out the park for those guests who feel it is lacking.

If the majority of guests didn't feel that way then they would not have had to create a whole campaign designed around the park not being a zoo. I've been to the park thousands of times and the animal trails are never full, so in all honesty that's the last thing the park should ever add. I still stand by my opinion that the majority of Guests find the animal kingdom lacking in attractions and could care less about animal exhibits.

Den Carter

You're opinion that no one cares about the animal exhibits is pretty much laughable without any facts to back the claim up. I've been to the park about as much as you and I always find the animal trails to be full. It seems you have a vendetta against the animal aspect of the park. Just because YOU hate them doesn't mean everyone does.

The animal aspects of the park are by far and away the selling point of DAK. Appreciate it's 'not a zoo', but it's a park about the animal kingdom. The fact that it has one of the world's most perfect zoo-like experiences is pretty crucial to me.

Ripken10

If the majority of guests didn't feel that way then they would not have had to create a whole campaign designed around the park not being a zoo. I've been to the park thousands of times and the animal trails are never full, so in all honesty that's the last thing the park should ever add. I still stand by my opinion that the majority of Guests find the animal kingdom lacking in attractions and could care less about animal exhibits.
No. Disney was also trying to separate themselves from what most people think of when they think of zoo. Animals in small cages was (and to many still is) the perception of a zoo. Disney wanted to push the idea that is was far more than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom