New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

JWG

This is really disappointing in that I was hoping for some more crowd dispersion options come the holidays. And, the do need to get it right, they need to make it work to be an all day park. Though, they also have to give it time to work and not give up if it doesn't take off in the first 30 days. Patterns don't break and change doesn't happen over night.

Magic Feather

Can you tell us if they had to cut anything from the show in order to finally pass testing or did they actually make whatever it was work as intended?
They learned some lessons from Jungle Book, some good, some bad. One of which was regarding audience understanding. Has anyone seen the Jungle Book at least a month after it debuted? Because RoL wasn't the only show that got revisions.

ABQ

They learned some lessons from Jungle Book, some good, some bad. One of which was regarding audience understanding. Has anyone seen the Jungle Book at least a month after it debuted? Because RoL wasn't the only show that got revisions.
Interesting. I hope they don't find themselves dumbing it down though. Speaking from a completely ignorant standpoint, admittedly, as I know nothing of RoL's intended production. However, if you're implying the audience wouldn't understand a point they are trying to convey, I hope they don't make it bland to make that point easier to get across. Heck, half the current audience of Reflections of Earth probably misses the point, but still enjoys it. Or perhaps I'm missing your point entirely anyway and it's a completely different matter?

PhotoDave219

I'll weigh in here.....

You're not going to entice crowds to stay late at Animal Kingdom until Avatar Opens and Rivers of Light actually gets on track. They're aiming for April for Avatar, FWIW.

The other part about Disney's Animal Kingdom that management fails to understand about the audience and their desires is so obvious, they've completely missed it. People go to Animal Kingdom to see Animals. I can't think of the last time animal programs actually expanded.

No Name

Eh, kind of sucks. At least they're not totally going back to normal hours till RoL shows. 9:00 is decent. Not that I like it, but I can understand the decision.

Once Avatar and RoL open, I'm sure nighttime hours will be popular as Disney intended for them to be.

The Tree of Life awakenings are gold, so at least people will still get the chance to see those.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom