New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Slowjack

Yep, that is one of the biggest lies that has been fed constantly on this forum since FP+ arrived. I have NEVER had trouble getting a spot for any of the major rides a few days out. Another lie too is that you MUST book dining 180 days, also not true since I've booked dining a few days out also. There is still flexibility with a WDW vacation, despite the rhetoric on here
I think you're overboard to call it a lie, let alone "one of the biggest lies." Different people have different experiences. I know that for my most recent trip (this past February, in what was, in general, a "slow" period), we were unable to get Fastpasses on the Snow White Mine Train days prior to our MK visits. Ditto for the Beauty & the Beast dining. Fortunately, we were able to walk-in with no problem at the Skipper Canteen since they weren't taking advance reservations at that time.

In general, it appeared that the rides or restaurants one could get, let's say, "two days before" Fastpasses, were those that didn't have a huge wait on standby (Space Mountain was only about 15-20) and/or those that never needed Fastpass to begin with (Pirates).

I agree that saying everything has to be booked 180 days out is nuts, but saying that the FP+ system doesn't cause headaches for people who don't want to try to settle everything well before departure is nuts, too. I'm glad everything has worked out well for you on your trips, but for many people, it's a choice between not being able to get useful Fastpasses or having to plan out further than one is comfortable and hoping everything goes to plan.

HauntedMansionFLA

I definitely wouldn't count on Frozen, Mine Train may be an option. But like I said, don't let the lies on here send you into a stressful fit. Enjoy your trip!

I'm a neurotic planner, right down to which way I walk through the parks, so this new system tickels my fancy. I can't really empathize with people who don't like it because I love having my entire day at MK planned out. At the end of the day if I can't get a FP for a ride, I'll just skip it because I have no interest in waiting in the queues any longer. That's just my preference though. My experience has been positive since it rolled out, but we don't get bent out of shape if we can't ride things, because there's always next year
Thanks! I like to plan too and it will help to schedule FastPasses ahead of time. If there is a long line for something, I'll find something else to ride or see. I pray there won't be a day when I can't do hall of Presidents, Tom Sawyer Island, Rivers of America, Peoplemover but I have to visit these areas because you never know if they will be gone all of a sudden. I'll rope drop each day and will be happy if I get to ride my favorites at least once during the trip. People have stated that they can get 7 to 8 Fast Passes a day if you know how to work the system.

wdwfan22

If I can get FPs for Mine Train this year for the first time then I'll take it back.

If I have to queue in standby at Mansion when it shouldn't have FP then I won't.

During the past 2 weeks for example I was able to obtain FASTPASS's for the mine train twice on the same day as an extra fastpass.

wdwfan22

I could only hope for that in the past. I'll let you know soon how I go this year.

The trick is to look later in the day. People cancel all the time. It's the same way with dining reservations. I had no problem these past 2 weeks with getting into any restaurants with the family or being able to score additional fastpass's for the popular attractions. Frozen was the only one you had to have in advance. However wait times were manageable early in the day.

CJR

I know the hours will probably change, but am I the only one that finds it a bit humorous that Animal Kingdom is currently closing at 9pm in September, but not open later than 8pm in the busy weeks of December? It's a bit funny when you see it on the schedule.

HauntedMansionFLA

I know the hours will probably change, but am I the only one that finds it a bit humorous that Animal Kingdom is currently closing at 9pm in September, but not open later than 8pm in the busy weeks of December? It's a bit funny when you see it on the schedule.
I assume hours will change the closer we get maybe November? They just updated for September recently. The fast pass window opens up the first of October.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I assume hours will change the closer we get maybe November? They just updated for September recently. The fast pass window opens up the first of October.
Just imagine if micro planning wasn't needed.

It worked for Fantasy in the Sky.
And Carnival de Lumiere.
And New World Fantasy.
And Laserphonic Fantasy.
And IllumiNations. All 4 versions no less.
And Sorcery in the Sky.
And even Wishes once upon a time.

ABQ

Testing is past the hard part.

Something else came up during tests that may need remedial work.
Can you tell us if they had to cut anything from the show in order to finally pass testing or did they actually make whatever it was work as intended?

JohnD

It's true that you cannot start making ADRs until 180 days out. But it's also true that you can make them 1 day out. It's just that it's harder to get them if you wait. I can't speak to the internals of how the system works but I'm also sure people make ADRs more for more than one restaurant they need or more than one time for the same restaurant. I'm guilty as charged. I have two for Kona Cafe breakfast on the same day.

Which leads to my next point: I have to give up one of them no later than 1 day or incur a $10 penalty. Can't say it's the only reason but it is a contributing reason for finding an ADR for a "hard to get" restaurant one day out.

As for FP+, I would rather plan my first three than roll the dice under the assurance "it's always available." Besides, after the first three, I'll use my app for same day anyway.

JWG

So off topic, but on the discussion topic, you can also get FP+ the morning of at park open or just before often times. Using mine trian as an example, both times we've been at the MK (granted this was January of '15 and January of '16 so not busiest crowds) at open, we were checking for FP's while we waited and they magically became available sometime between when they open the turnstyles but before they let us past the train station. I guess it's possible somoene happened to cancel both times - but I think they hold some FPs for day of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom