New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

jakeman

Crap or opinon?

Lie to who? You?

That's opinion.
With all due respect, availability of fastpasses isn't an opinion and it's been proven over and over that day of fastpasses for major attractions are routinely available at all times of the day. So the opinion that advance planning for major attractions is required weeks or months in advanced isn't supported by facts.

For example, Space Mountain is available today.

Mike S

With all due respect, availability of fastpasses isn't an opinion and it's been proven over and over that day of fastpasses for major attractions are routinely available at all times of the day. So the opinion that advance planning for major attractions is required weeks or months in advanced isn't supported by facts.

For how many people and at what times today?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

If I can get FPs for Mine Train this year for the first time then I'll take it back.

If I have to queue in standby at Mansion when it shouldn't have FP then I won't.

Mike S

I can get 5 fast passes tonight at 9:10 or 10:35 or 11 for Space Mountain
And for a family of 5 going for the first time those times could very well conflict with other plans like dinner, fireworks, being too late, etc. bringing in the need to plan ahead.

For us here on this forum who have been countless times it's not a problem to skip things occasionally.

jakeman

For how many people and at what times today?
Three for 8:00 p.m. That's all I have tickets for.

If I can get FPs for Mine Train this year for the first time then I'll take it back.

If I have to queue in standby at Mansion when it shouldn't have FP then I won't.
That doesn't seem like a rational conclusion.
And for a family of 5 going for the first time those times could very well conflict with other plans like dinner, fireworks, etc. bringing in the need to plan ahead.

For us here on this forum who have been countless times it's not a problem to skip things occasionally.
Well, yes, but seriously...if a family goes on any vacation with no planning ahead, it's probably not going to go well. You're just moving the goal post from "not available" to "completely absolve a family's need to plan".

Biff215

Yep, that is one of the biggest lies that has been fed constantly on this forum since FP+ arrived. I have NEVER had trouble getting a spot for any of the major rides a few days out. Another lie too is that you MUST book dining 180 days, also not true since I've booked dining a few days out also. There is still flexibility with a WDW vacation, despite the rhetoric on here
Largely depends on when you go. If the parks are busy, there's not much available same day. MK's saving grace is a ton of FP options, but offering guests Tea Cups or Ariel isn't actually helpful.

Also depends a lot on how flexible you can be. Dining reservations, other FP, and kids' bedtimes often prevent you from taking advantage of what is left.

TSMM was the exception to all this during our July trip, as we scored multiple FP on both of our days at DHS, even as late as 5:00. Epcot never had anything useful same day, and AK was similar.

Dining was a bit more flexible, but I attribute this more to the credit card requirement and the higher prices particularly at signature restaurants.

HauntedMansionFLA

Yep, that is one of the biggest lies that has been fed constantly on this forum since FP+ arrived. I have NEVER had trouble getting a spot for any of the major rides a few days out. Another lie too is that you MUST book dining 180 days, also not true since I've booked dining a few days out also. There is still flexibility with a WDW vacation, despite the rhetoric on here
That's good to know. This December will be my first encounter with the new FastPass system. I'm glad that there will be passes available when my window of opportunity. I assume Frozen and The Mine Train are the hottest FastPasses ôut there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom