New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

JohnD

Would love for it to be operating by my trip 10/29 - 11/4. My fear is that they won't start it until the next rush -- Christmas season -- which probably begins the weekend I check out. If they start it 11/4-6, I'll be in DeLand during that time and I'll might just do a "night" trip to see it.

Last edited:

jaxonp

So are people saying ROL won't happen when Junglecrap ends just because of how they feel or factual knowledge. I'd like to separate the two.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So are people saying ROL won't happen when Junglecrap ends just because of how they feel or factual knowledge. I'd like to separate the two.
Several folks around here spread FUD all the time. They keep spouting so much and so often, that some people start to believe the crap.

jaxonp

Several folks around here spread FUD all the time. They keep spouting so much and so often, that some people start to believe the crap.

Exactly my point. It's really frustrating dealing without facts people... otherwise its just wasting space and our time on these boards. Rant over.

KYWDW

You only needed minimal planning If you so desired up to just a few years ago.

Now it's forced if you want to enjoy what in the past could be decided almost on a whim.

You want to ride Space Mountain on an afternoon in August and not wait two hours? You have to make that choice now weeks - or months - in advance.

One of the selling points of the whole MyMagic mess was squeezing more capacity out of infrastructure without actually building new attractions to increase capacity.
And all this added planning can be great for first time, only time visitors but has caused strain on others. Which is why my parents haven't been in years and are selling their Disney timeshare. Losing repeat business will catch up to them eventually.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You are a finance person are you? Buybacks are crucial, especially for a company like Disney. There is a very delicate balance between CapEx spend and buybacks.

Yeah they allow senior leadership to loot the company's treasury when they are done at top of market,

This is not a case of buybacks being used to support a stock which is oversold or repurchasing shares which are used in compensation plans. This is blatant manipulation of TWDC's stock. considering TWDC has a K factor of approximately 2.6 .

For the curious I suggest THIS paper and apply the math to your favorite company.

http://www.bus.umich.edu/pdf/mitsui/workshopdocs/wupaperrevision.pdf

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You want to ride Space Mountain on an afternoon in August and not wait two hours? You have to make that choice now weeks - or months - in advance.
Oh, so you want to go back to the way it was in the 90's. :confused: No thanks. Been there, done that a hundred times. Space Mountain was typically a 2 hour wait just a few hours after park opening back then, and no FP of any kind was available.

So right now, if I want to ride Space Mountain on Monday - let me repeat that - Monday, I have lots of different options for a FP+ available all throughout the day.

We really need the FUD to stop around here. Too many newcomers start to believe this crap, and it's a total lie.

VeroniqueB

RoL will not be opening as soon as Jungle Book closes, that is a fact. Expect an opening sometime in October or beyond.

So first week of October is not likely. Bummer. This is our last trip for at least two years and this was pretty much THE cool new thing since last visit we were looking forward to! We love AK already, we never have enough time to do everything and enjoy the shows and details! :(

Bob Harlem

They are attempting to get Rivers up before the holiday season but there's still a good chance it won't make this year at all. Posted DAK park hours close early in most of November for a reason.

Ripken10

And all this added planning can be great for first time, only time visitors but has caused strain on others. Which is why my parents haven't been in years and are selling their Disney timeshare. Losing repeat business will catch up to them eventually.
If someone sells a timeshare, it in fact doesn't lose business. It's a 1 for 1 change. Just the facts there. One could speculate that that person would have bought the timeshare anyways, but that is just speculation. The fact is that the timeshare just changed hands from one person to another.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom