New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

jrhwdw

I bet you it stays until September 5th since it is scheduled out that far. No reason to roll it out early. Especially with the problems they originally had with an announced date. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this just rolls out on September 6th without much fanfare.
MAYBE but if it shows up on the Times Guide that week, with or without prior notice, people will notice. And that first performance will be packed.

September 6th would just my luck, I work that night!

Buried20KLeague

It's seems interesting that they're testing them during the day. I thought they were trying to avoid that. They must be really pushing it. WaHoo!

I actually have the opposite point of view. If they're leaving these barges out during the day (because I don't believe they're testing and moving around during park hours) that makes me wonder if taking them backstage and back out each night is problematic for any number of reasons.

It's extremely unusual for Disney to let floats sit in public view for a show that hasn't even debuted yet. Extremely. There's a reason they're out there and not removed.

This is the equivalent of a parade float from MSEP sitting in public view during the day. They just wouldn't do it, unless there is some reason they couldn't put it away.

BriEcho3194

I actually have the opposite point of view. If they're leaving these barges out during the day (because I don't believe they're testing and moving around during park hours) that makes me wonder if taking them backstage and back out each night is problematic for any number of reasons.

It's extremely unusual for Disney to let floats sit in public view for a show that hasn't even debuted yet. Extremely. There's a reason they're out there and not removed.

This is the equivalent of a parade float from MSEP sitting in public view during the day. They just wouldn't do it, unless there is some reason they couldn't put it away.
It is unusual but during testing earlier this year they did bring the Rivers of Lights floats out and tested them in broad daylight. So I think this is probably to get the tracking problems they had down and then at night they probably run the show. And they have moved the floating Jungle Book barges out of the way towards the Asia bridge. Again that's just me haha

brb1006

I remember seeing images of the MSEP floats out at the park during the day at Disneyland Paris sometime in the mid 90's I stumbled upon years ago.

Jeremy Geertsema

The Jungle Book barges are out in plain view as they have shows each evening.

The Rivers of Lights floats are not just sitting there, they would have them moving as they are probably testing them and what not. It is unusual that Disney has these floats out yet but they're trying to get this show running ASAP. Bringing these floats in/out shouldn't cause too much problems, as when the show debuts, they will bring those floats back and forth to the docks or whatever each night.

Buried20KLeague

The Jungle Book barges are out in plain view as they have shows each evening.

The Rivers of Lights floats are not just sitting there, they would have them moving as they are probably testing them and what not. It is unusual that Disney has these floats out yet but they're trying to get this show running ASAP. Bringing these floats in/out shouldn't cause too much problems, as when the show debuts, they will bring those floats back and forth to the docks or whatever each night.

Show me where they are testing these during the day and they're not just stationary.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom