New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Jeremy Geertsema

Show me where they are testing these during the day and they're not just stationary.
There's video of them moving during the day from before Jungle Book and the delay wasn't announced. There's probably some sort of video of these recent tests as well. Disney would not just be bringing these floats out to have them sit in the water. They wouldn't go through all the hassle of moving the Jungle Book barges to not be testing them.

tsaintc

Is that the Big lotus flower that hasn't been seen yet? it looks massive, if it isn't do you know if it's been out while you where there?
There were two lotus flower floats being tested today. The other one was the one that has been photographed often. I have not seen this one before. It was massive and seemed to have something mechanical in its center. It was being tested for at least a 1/2 hour, and the testing in general was in progress all afternoon until about 7pm.

Cesar R M

No, the earth barge is most definitely larger than this lotus blossom float, which looks to only be a few feet high. Just compare the height of the tech standing next to it to this (slightly zoomed) picture of some RoE techs near the Earth barge
IllumiNations_barge_and_Earth_Globe.jpg
My engineer side is still amazed at the Earth ball.
So much tech, so many years working.. and still going.

and I mean, seriously, that thing spits fireworks, handles fire.. very close to the inferno barge and also gets hits a lot during the july 4 and new years barrage by the world war barge.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It would seem if November was a target opening they wouldn't be moving the JB barges around and testing during the day like they are... So perhaps they are trying to get this open in September.

based on mixed feedback from the current Jungle Book fiasco... I think the sooner they can get the planned show up and running the better (and yes they are very much aware of some of the negative feedback from the JB show)

Variable

Who said there was no budget for testing?

There were allusions to this. Go back and read. I don't think the usual suspect knew one way or the other, but he's quite cynical about all matters financial and budgetary. He frequent connects a host of such things to Shanghai (lately) and exec bonuses (historically). He doesn't hide, there is no need for a witch hunt. He stirs the pot quite openly, tosses out many predictions or pseudo predictions and moves on. He's a bit aggravating but I do kind of like the guy.

And I admire his convictions. He's said, you may certainly correct me if I'm wrong, that he won't spend any money with Disney until they right what he considers wrongs of past and present decisions. I believe him, why not?
Most of the rest of us complain about various things, but we keep going. He doesn't.

MagicHappens1971

So much for "they can't test during the day" and "there's no budget for testing its all going to bonuses and Shanghai" yada yada yada
They were testing back before the show opened, and (imo and understanding) the reason they haven't been testing is because they would have to move the barges currently being used for Jungle Book. I would also assume they haven't been testing during the day is because they've probably been working on the tech in a warehouse somewhere because they knew it wasn't ready to go in the water to be tested.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom