New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

glvsav37

great!!! Cant wait to see all the testing while I'm there next week and then go and then go sit though "Jumble Book"

Ha ha...wait 'til next year guy!!! lol

#thanksGPSissues

(and I know i don't have to see JB...and I prob won't, just saying ill be enjoying AK at night with earplugs so I don't need to hear that show)

Lirael

I'm glad to see them sorting some of the issues out, though sadly by this point I've learne dbetter than to even hope this will be out by September

Cletus

This still doesn't mean they have fixed the -poor water projection screens. They may want to focus on that aspect too, while they're at it.

RMichael21

They were testing back before the show opened, and (imo and understanding) the reason they haven't been testing is because they would have to move the barges currently being used for Jungle Book. I would also assume they haven't been testing during the day is because they've probably been working on the tech in a warehouse somewhere because they knew it wasn't ready to go in the water to be tested.
Well, the Jungle book barges (the big ones at least, not the small ones right up against the seating) were being stowed between the Africa and Asia bridges I believe. So I guess they really wanted to test it today.

Cesar R M

There were allusions to this. Go back and read. I don't think the usual suspect knew one way or the other, but he's quite cynical about all matters financial and budgetary. He frequent connects a host of such things to Shanghai (lately) and exec bonuses (historically). He doesn't hide, there is no need for a witch hunt. He stirs the pot quite openly, tosses out many predictions or pseudo predictions and moves on. He's a bit aggravating but I do kind of like the guy.

And I admire his convictions. He's said, you may certainly correct me if I'm wrong, that he won't spend any money with Disney until they right what he considers wrongs of past and present decisions. I believe him, why not?
Most of the rest of us complain about various things, but we keep going. He doesn't.
That was actually an inside joke now.
Like how those people blame Obama on everything.
So we used that joke and transformed it into "Thanks Shangai!"

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
the budget things was BS.. the test during day just shows they are desperate to get it ready asap as in yesterday.

Not necessarily, It appears there is budget NOW for the testing, But not back when the show was due to premiere. IF you have any experience with budgeting at a large US corporation you cannot DO anything unless funds are allocated ahead of time, The money does not flow from a cornucopia it's made available through a painstaking process.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

No I don't KNOW in the context of posessing insider information, But when high profile stuff like this goes nowhere for months on end in corporate america it's usually because funds have not been allocated to the project or the funds are insufficient to the scope of work required.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No I don't KNOW in the context of posessing insider information, But when high profile stuff like this goes nowhere for months on end in corporate america it's usually because funds have not been allocated to the project or the funds are insufficient to the scope of work required.

We don't know that it went nowhere for months, we have no idea what things had to be done behind the scenes before testing could resume. You don't just test and test and test until it works. You test, then go back and fix things, and then test again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom