New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

peter11435

considering the cast members are already trained since the plan was to open in 11 days all you have to do is ask one of them.
Thanks for the info. The plans I was shown (admittedly many months ago) showed fastpass queues and entrances on both sides. I'm surprised they would decide to limit fastpass to just the Asia side since the dinoland side seats substantially more guests.

djkidkaz

They are seriously trolling us now. No doubt about it
image.jpeg

RandySavage

Some stunning work shown off in those photos.

Some have noted that it wouldn't and shouldn't be open to people any other time than showtime. My instinct is that it would be nice to be able to freely access the amphitheater any time it wasn't being used or prepped for shows (as in DCA). Is the thought that it would be difficult to dislodge anyone who parked there early for a showing? Cleaning food/garbage left there? What are reasons for not having it freely accessible during the morning, mid-day & afternoon?

Next Big Thing

Some stunning work shown off in those photos.

Some have noted that it wouldn't and shouldn't be open to people any other time than showtime. My instinct is that it would be nice to be able to freely access the amphitheater any time it wasn't being used or prepped for shows (as in DCA). Is the thought that it would be difficult to dislodge anyone who parked there early for a showing? Cleaning food/garbage left there? What are reasons for not having it freely accessible during the morning, mid-day & afternoon?
The problem with that is Disney doesn't want people spending precious time sitting around in the theatre when what they really want is people spending money.

Also, if you leave it open, you need to staff the area for safety reasons (Don't want them pesky kids going for a mid-day swim in the lake!).

Cesar R M

HOLY #### 3 more months after they were 2 weeks away from previewing?!?! - heads should roll - think of the money this will be costing them not having the park open late as well.

This is unbelievably ridiculous

Frozen and RoL...all big this year... complete disasters as this point in time...and you just know Uni is loving all of this
I cant wait to see how Shangai explodes as well.. XD

twebber55

It does. Made it to DAK yesterday and I was blown away. Looks like it's been there for years, no visible show buildings, impeccably themed. Refreshing to see that attention to detail in a new WDW project.
i ve said this before
so far the entire DAK expansion has been a home run (except for the ROL delay) and this is before the new land opens
DAK should be a lot of fun within a year

CrescentLake

i ve said this before
so far the entire DAK expansion has been a home run (except for the ROL delay) and this is before the new land opens
DAK should be a lot of fun within a year

Agreed. I saw Harambe Market and the Lion King area for the first time as well and was equally impressed. After these ex spending, DAK is going to be the place to be. Would love for a dinorama replacement and another 1-2 dark rides though. Otherwise it's going to be awesome, and I can't wait for next year!

hpyhnt 1000

Hey, a prediction of mine was actually correct! Either that or Disney stole my idea, in which case, where's my credit???

I thought they might be a bit bright in person. I personally think a muted brown would work. Add a few strands of wire between them and maybe some glued on flyers and you could pass them off as telephone poles that are part of Serka Zong.

Ego stoking aside, the Asia side looks really nice. Shame the Dinoland area didn't get similar treatment (yes, I know it technically matches the more minimalist theme of Dinoland/Theater in the Wild, but it's really going to look barren compared to this).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom