New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Marlins1

The comments are mostly just despair, and people saying "I don't get what the deal's about, the delay's normal, Disney's just getting it right,"
#4 in the group nails it in my opinion

Chef Mickey

It's not attitude at all. Here's a Kleenex...there's too much pixie dust up your nose.

Yeah, I'm sure you can find people who enjoy waiting in line for an hour, and eating at crappy fast food places, or eating dinner at an ungodly hour because because decent restaurants are booked at lunch and dinner....you can even find people who enjoy Stitch's Great Escape. Good for them. To quote the Lego movie, "Everything is AWESOME!" Disney is ALWAYS just so AMAZING and MAGICAL for some folks, who probably also enjoy reruns of The Brady Bunch and America's Funniest Home Videos.
I know I don't go at the most crowded time, but I just planned an 8 day trip just 3 weeks in advance and got every restaurant and time I wanted. All my times are 11:45 - 12:30 for lunch and 6pm - 7pm for dinner. You just have to be persistent and keep checking if the restaurant says booked. There are openings all the time. I also got all my fastpasses scheduled.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It has been shown over and over again that the management in large companies does not understand or appreciate "technical issues." They all want hard timeline dates they can use to plan their budgeting and in this case, marketing by. I'm sure Disney management had been sternly warned about the schedule, but chose to ignore the warnings as they had a golden date in mind, and told PR to go ahead with the announcement.

The Challenger disaster was a perfect example of this, Engineers said NO GO - we are out of spec for the boosters, Management overrode the decision because of the optics of the delay and tragedy ensued. NASA is a de facto technical organization but management groupthink is the same everywhere management is corporate nobility and must be deferred to.

Although in China I see the engineers being deferred to in most cases perhaps because of the cultural veneration of scholars which in large part engineers are.

DarthMileZ

etaHh09.jpg

Another image of the "Avatar Tree". Image taken by Trevor of the Orlandobros

Looks fantastic, i really hope rivers of light is ready for early june but im guessing it wont be

i really want to see the animals at night.

Rteetz

Awhile? Meaning a whole week.

They said we'd hear back in mid- to late-May.
I they the person meant that we haven't heard anything more about the issues from insiders here. I know I haven't seen anymore testing going on during the day. Are they only working at night again?

ToTBellHop

I'm not talking about Disney bs... I'm talking about the real info
Still not opening in April. Still having serious issues. Internally, the target is July 4th. But, that's a hopeful guess. They won't really know until they are quite close to opening and have all of the bugs worked out. They are not quite close to opening as there is a bug infestation.

At least we know that after 60 years, Disney has perfected the construction of bleachers.

Last edited:

wdwgreek

Still not opening in April. Still having serious issues. Internally, the target is July 4th. But, that's a hopeful guess. They won't really know until they are quite close to opening and have all of the bugs worked out. They are not quite close to opening as there is a bug infestation.

At least we know that after 60 years, Disney has perfected the construction of bleachers.
July 4th, there goes my June 20th to June 30th Animal Kingdom at Night plans. I'll be back in August/October. guess it'll have to wait till then. In the interlude I can push the floats for them if icon get a fast pass for it eventually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom