New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

glvsav37

the area looks amazing, but silly question: is there any dedicated queuing areas? It seems like these doors and FP stations are right out in the main walkway. I can't imagine 2500 people crowding the main walkway on each side waiting to get in? Is there some sort of holding area off the to the side for those folks?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Sped2424

Still not opening in April. Still having serious issues. Internally, the target is July 4th. But, that's a hopeful guess. They won't really know until they are quite close to opening and have all of the bugs worked out. They are not quite close to opening as there is a bug infestation.

At least we know that after 60 years, Disney has perfected the construction of bleachers.
Just heard the same thing July 4th is being considered for ROL so it can be the big draw for that date.

MagicHappens1971

I have a random question, if Disney waited so long (March 2nd) to announce the April 22nd opening, something drastic had to happen for them to delay it all the way until the summer? Or is that a bad assumption?

theRIOT

I know I don't go at the most crowded time, but I just planned an 8 day trip just 3 weeks in advance and got every restaurant and time I wanted. All my times are 11:45 - 12:30 for lunch and 6pm - 7pm for dinner. You just have to be persistent and keep checking if the restaurant says booked. There are openings all the time. I also got all my fastpasses scheduled.

It's true, persistence pays off.
For our trip 2 weeks ago I had called 4 months out trying to book Ohana. I knew it was fat chance. Nothing.
I checked online leading up to the trip every couple of weeks or so. Nothing.
12 noon on a Monday we walk into the Magic Kingdom, I call the reservations line as if they have anything for that day, and BAM! 4 pm day of for Ohana.

Just gotta keep checking and always call when you're there and ask about cancellations.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just heard the same thing July 4th is being considered for ROL so it can be the big draw for that date.

Let's hope the hell Disney actually MEETS that date for a change and figures out how to run more than one show per day, Before I get overwhelmed for telling 'lies' Local sunset is about 8:30 then so the show can't even really START till 9 or so.

JWG

I have a random question, if Disney waited so long (March 2nd) to announce the April 22nd opening, something drastic had to happen for them to delay it all the way until the summer? Or is that a bad assumption?
I would say that's a decent assumption.

ToTBellHop

There are major issues they didn't anticipate. They really shouldn't have announced a date in the first place. It's not as though a lotus flower spontaneously combusted. The show wasn't ready then not. It was never ready. Usually they are VERY conservative with announcing openings as we know. Not sure what happened here other than a cluster.

matt9112

Ouch, some pretty harsh comments. I have to side with Disney on this. Things happen. Looks like they're focusing on quality for the first time in a while. They could always open a partial version and not care. I take this as a good thing. I'll wait for the finished product over something thrown together to meet the date.

I highly doubt that the culture of "cheap" dissipated for this ONE show.....disney gets no pass.....should have doubled the amount of effort and money into getting it out on time.

matt9112

I am actually OK with the delay. The optimist in me is saying that they want the show to be perfect, and they must have encountered some issues during the rehearsals. :) Am I being naïve?

Perfect.....they have a track record of that lately right? Like a concrete foundation of being perfect anytime recently?

Chef Mickey

For our trip 2 weeks ago I had called 4 months out trying to book Ohana. I knew it was fat chance. Nothing.
12 noon on a Monday we walk into the Magic Kingdom, I call the reservations line as if they have anything for that day, and BAM! 4 pm day of for Ohana.

Just gotta keep checking and always call when you're there and ask about cancellations.
Yeah, just look at restaurants right now 2 days before your desired date, for example this Thursday at 'Ohana or Chef Mickey's. I guarantee you get pretty much whatever you want if you spend a few hours checking back here and there. People cancel last minute now because of the $10 charge for missed reservation. I got a prime time for 'Ohana at 6:30pm and I only checked back a few times per day for 3-4 days. Probably took me 15 minutes or so of actual "checking."

People are just dramatic and/or bad with computer. I am lazy or I'd even right some code to automate the checking.

Cesar R M

Agree, I got perfect seats for California Grill (right by Wishes) on January, after checking both the website and the online app every day 3 times per day or more.
Persistence pays!

Next Big Thing

Agree, I got perfect seats for California Grill (right by Wishes) on January, after checking both the website and the online app every day 3 times per day or more.
Persistence pays!
Withing the 24-36 hour period is the best time to check if it's a tough reservation and you missed it when booking originally. This is because if you don't cancel before 24 hours, you get charged $10/per person. Within 24 hours is also fairly ok odds of finding things too as guests either don't realize it or don't care about paying the cancellation fee.

COProgressFan

Withing the 24-36 hour period is the best time to check if it's a tough reservation and you missed it when booking originally. This is because if you don't cancel before 24 hours, you get charged $10/per person. Within 24 hours is also fairly ok odds of finding things too as guests either don't realize it or don't care about paying the cancellation fee.

We have had some luck with this approach as well. I suspect, despite taking a credit card number when making reservations, that people are still hoarding reservations before their trips and then cancelling them a few days prior as their plans get more finalized, leading to the increased availability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom