New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Incomudro

Brian Swan

I highly doubt that the culture of "cheap" dissipated for this ONE show.....disney gets no pass.....should have doubled the amount of effort and money into getting it out on time.
In a minor defense of Disney, on any highly technical project using new technologies sometimes completely unexpected mechanical/software glitches happen. Some of these can't be fixed simply by throwing more money at them; they take time to research and reengineer. This can occur on a software development project, and architectural project, a network installation project, and even on a Broadway show. And RoL has elements of all of the above. If they "went cheap" on the initial research engineering, then bad on Disney. If the large lotus doesn't fit under the bridge because someone didn't measure correctly, then REALLY bad on Disney. If they announced an opening date before they KNEW that all of the technical difficulties were solved, then bad on Disney (and for me, this is the biggest issue). But if the problems really are unforeseen glitches in a new technology, then saying that the time it takes to resolve those issues is a function of money being spent is not a fair or realistic response. I hope they've learned their lesson and KNOW they have a fully functioning show before announcing a new opening date.

Soarin' Over Pgh

There will be a whole lot of CPers armed with masking tape on those walkways.

I hate that. The first time I saw CM's putting down tape on the concrete I thought they were making some kind of tape art... then I realized it was supposed to be crowd control and LOL'd as I stepped over it.

I can't believe that's Disneys answer to controlling the masses... tape on the ground! I think my kindergarten teacher did the same thing....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I hate that. The first time I saw CM's putting down tape on the concrete I thought they were making some kind of tape art... then I realized it was supposed to be crowd control and LOL'd as I stepped over it.

I can't believe that's Disneys answer to controlling the masses... tape on the ground! I think my kindergarten teacher did the same thing....
You would be surprised at how many things that work well to control 5 year olds also work well to control your average Disney guest.;)

hpyhnt 1000

There will be a whole lot of CPers armed with masking tape on those walkways.

Do you think they might use the holding areas for the Theater in the Wild across the path? It's not a huge space but it'd better than nothing...?

Also, does anyone else think this retaining wall right in front of a handicap viewing area might be a bit too tall? If you're in a wheelchair and on the shorter end height-wise I think it might be a bit difficult seeing all of the lagoon.

Rivers-of-Light_Full_27496.jpg

Asia side looks really nice; other side is fine for what it is I suppose. I guess the Dinoland "village" is less affluent than their neighbors across the river.

startraveler

Also, does anyone else think this retaining wall right in front of a handicap viewing area might be a bit too tall? If you're in a wheelchair and on the shorter end height-wise I think it might be a bit difficult seeing all of the lagoon.

I was thinking the same thing. My wheelchair seat is probably higher than the bench but I fear I won't be able to see over it. My short mom would probably have to stand to see over the wall. But it could be the angle of the photo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom