New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

tnemgif

I thought that the official announcement would have confirmed it, but whatever.

Has there been an official announcement that the rest of the experiences (night safari, longer hours, Africa 'party', etc) have been postponed? Sorry if I missed it!

WhatJaneSays

I'm gonna say it went like this:
  1. The higher-ups had a date (April 22nd) in mind early on
  2. The project people said "that's totally reasonable"
  3. Complications arose (October/November-ish) but that would still be fine
  4. The higher-ups got wishy-washy (December) on dates and re-set the tentative opening for a Summer open (May/June)
  5. The actual crew breathed a sigh of relief, now they could spread things out better
  6. Something keyed the higher-ups (late February) to move the date back to April 22nd
  7. Crew starts telling everyone this is a bad idea, because they've been working on a scheduled May/June opening for to long to backtrack
  8. Disney announced (March 2nd) the opening date
  9. Crew is like ... we just told you this is a bad idea
  10. The higher-ups are ... well you told us X months ago it would be ready so ... do it
... and we're where we're are at today.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

i was wondering this as well
Has there been an official announcement that the rest of the experiences (night safari, longer hours, Africa 'party', etc) have been postponed? Sorry if I missed it!

Steve (@wdwmagic) said above in this thread that he has been told the other nighttime experiences will be postponed to coincide with ROL. The park's hours would need to be extended for any of the nighttime offerings to go off, since sunset is after 8pm this time of year. That hasn't happened and it likely won't.

No ROL, no nighttime offerings in DAK at present. There is no known opening date.

djkidkaz

Yeah...having this same feeling...maybe they knew it might turn out like this...makes me laugh on the inside at the whole "No one can touch us" crap we got from a certain former imagineer...

Or the "How can we plus it?" stuff we've always heard. Now it would seem to be the exact opposite which is "How can we cut it?"

Cletus

I'm loving the PO'd comments on the Parks Blog. Looks like they've given up the ghost of trying to moderate it.

I feel bad for those who planned their trip around this thing. And by looking at the responses on there it appears quite a few did (and I am sure a lot more than are just posting on a blog did). This is the "new" Disney and people should just learn to accept it, I suppose. But then again, these are the same clowns that announced Pandora in 2011, I believe. :rolleyes:

TTA94

I feel like even if RoL could actually be ready in a week or two out from its original 22nd date they will still hold off opening until late May or June.

Not good news for us locals wanting to enjoy RoL before the insanity of summer begins... I'm hopeing they go back to those AP and DVC preview events!

Last edited:

RMichael21

Honestly, people have to realize that these kinds of problems may arise out of the blue when booking vacations. I always say to go at least a month (or even more) after the "announced" opening. That way, if any problems arise and the experience is delayed, you have a better shot at seeing it and any of the problems are fixed (<cough> Gringotts <cough>) and the attraction is running at 100%. Plus, the opening crowds will have dyed down, making the lines more bearable. That's just my 2 cents. We'll be there during the last week of July, so I'm really hoping that this will be ready.

Bacon

booooo.
I wonder.. if they had built as fast as Epcot.
Would they still be delayed (in the technical aspect and rehearsal aspect)?

regardless of the delay of the real show.
That awakening tree thing looks fantastic!
So wait you can see the awakening tree now like tonight etc?

DisneyGigi

Makes sense why there was no date set to book ADR's for the package. Stinks it won't be open when we go this trip, but surely by next one late August/September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom