New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

michmousefan

Lots of complaints on the Disney Parks Blog page... I certainly can't say I wouldn't be one of them if I had scheduled a trip around the new DAK shows and upgrades... but seriously, almost any new attraction has *some* shakedown time built in to the schedule; seems like the traditional date of Earth Day for new stuff at DAK is what might have forced a difficult to make date in the first place. Hence all of the daytime tests, etc.

tnemgif

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    368.3 KB · Views: 49

oceanbreeze77

Hoping we will see the nighttime rollouts at the end of may (memorial day?) or early june. I mean they just released a whole fancy and expensive looking commercial yesterday advertising Awaken SUMMER with most of the focus being on AK. Either that or maybe just maybe someone said on a page about the 24 hour events that cast members are blocked on june 14?? Maybe thats a tentative date?

ABQ

I know there's certain technical and reliability issues that need to be overcome, but I do wonder who put the date out. The crew who said yes it will be ready, or ops and marketing who told the crew you have to be ready by this date.
Well, thus far, luckily for everyone, the May date provided, unless I missed a follow up post, is just a date they plan to make another announcement on it. They could announce in May a opening date in July....or later, correct?

IanDLBZF

Well, thus far, luckily for everyone, the May date provided, unless I missed a follow up post, is just a date they plan to make another announcement on it. They could announce in May a opening date in July....or later, correct?
They may probably open or better yet soft open in mid/late June, who knows!

TalkingHead

What's with the rumor that the show is going to have characters added by the time it opens?

Anyone know whether the delay is partially attributable to show rewrites?

doctornick

Yep. I feel like they are going to really push for an opening by Memorial Day, but that may not be attainable.

Chef Kronk

What about Sunset Kilimanjaro Safaris and the Discovery Island entertainment? Are those going to debut along with RoL, whenever it opens? Or will they come sooner?

Last edited:

Wikkler

It's the kind of nuts that taste like disappointment, with an after taste of 'I'll eat at Flame Tree and get attacked by a bird instead' after a few drinks at Dawa.
Ah, so they are cashews.

The "Disney's Animal Kingdom Park at Night" landing page has been updated to "coming soon."

This seems to confirm that the entire night experience has been postponed.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/animal-kingdom-night/
I thought that the official announcement would have confirmed it, but whatever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom