New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

s8film40

If it's possible to have a "basement" under the Magic Kingdom and floating mountains at Animal Kingdom, I'm pretty sure anything is possible to be built at WDW if someone wants to pay for it.
Not to get too far off topic, but this is one of the fundamental changes I have noticed at WDW over the recent years. There was a point in time when the cast member, locals and fans would always say things like "if Disney wants to do it they'll find a way". Now all you ever hear is excuses. If you go to a park and question any Disney manager or CM with some particular potential thing or ask why something isn't a certain way you just get the reasons why it can't be done. Interestingly I've noticed that this "If we can dream it, we can build it" attitude has really taken off at Universal, it's as if they've both completely switched roles.

jrhwdw

CMs of RoL are saying how amazing and insanely awesome the show will be!
I think I saw some tweets about that. Sounds like testing is going better or well? Can't be from CM Previews. As far as we know, there hasn't been any and there's no clue if there will be any or if ROL is ready for 22nd. Looks like ROL is ready for summer by the looks or that Summer Commercial WDW put out this morning.

TangledUpInKnots

If this show is not going to be ready for my trip in the middle of May, there is a pretty good chance I'm going to flip out! Crossing all my fingers and toesies (as my little girl says)!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well WOC is in a concrete bottom lagoon, The waterways in DAK are natural and would have needed to been dredged and concreted to support that show hardware. There is also the consideration of all of the trees and foliage that would fall into the water from the surrounding vegetation and the large filtration systems that would need to be built to keep tons and tons of decaying materials out of the mass of fountains.
No to pretty much all of that.

All of AK's water ways are man made. While they might still have a soil bottom, next to none of them were present prior to the late 90's. Even if they were natural, building on them is not that big of deal. In fact it is quite common and would simply require the driving of steel or concrete piles to support what ever machinery they needed.

It would certainly not require dredging of any major degree if at all. At the absolute worse, they would need to make a temporary dam out of sheet piles and drain or lower the water in the section they are working on.

Water quality is also not an issue as you would not be simply dropping a hose on the bottom of the lake and drawing from it. There are a number of ways you can draw from the top of the water which has much less particles to filter out even in the dirtiest of waterways.

This could be done for nearly every water way inside or immediately outside of the parks and resorts.

FerretAfros

For what it's worth, the water in Paradise Bay is noticeably dirtier with World of Color than it ever was prior to the show's debut. It had previously been dyed blue, and kept very clean; now it doesn't appear to be dyed at all, is a murky brown color, and has visible algae growths along the shoreline

Before:
DCAParadisePier_1.jpg

After:
al110910b.jpg

4978647636_da7081245c_b-1.jpg

No, it doesn't have fish or alligators that could be accidentally sucked into a filter or pump, but they've hardly got a swimming pool to work with. Even with the concrete bottom, it's hardly a pristine body of water.

Just something to consider while standing in the mist from all those fountains...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom