New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Blairnicol

I saw something on WDW's twitter earlier today or last night that DAK is now open until 7pm (looking for the link) and I thought that was hopeful for RoL opening on time. Sucks for people going this month, but I'd rather them get it right. Can't tell you how frustrating it was when Gringots opened WAY before the kinks were worked out. Sitting in line for hours while it repeatedly shutdown & opened back up and then getting stuck on the dang thing for 20+ minutes....I'd much rather it be 100%.

FigmentJedi

For what it's worth, the water in Paradise Bay is noticeably dirtier with World of Color than it ever was prior to the show's debut. It had previously been dyed blue, and kept very clean; now it doesn't appear to be dyed at all, is a murky brown color, and has visible algae growths along the shoreline

Before:
DCAParadisePier_1.jpg

After:
al110910b.jpg

4978647636_da7081245c_b-1.jpg

No, it doesn't have fish or alligators that could be accidentally sucked into a filter or pump, but they've hardly got a swimming pool to work with. Even with the concrete bottom, it's hardly a pristine body of water.

Just something to consider while standing in the mist from all those fountains...

Well yeah. Brown dye hides stuff better. Same reason why the Rivers of America are brown

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This^^^

The second they release something it might as well be carved in stone to the general public. I wonder how many angry "we are canceling our trip" phone calls guest services gets over this.

It is definitely unfortunate...but stuff like this can happen..Better to get it right.

Hopefully not too many people planned their trip around this...other than those in this forum. haha

tissandtully

Kind of glad this isn't happening till later, had a trip planned on Apr. 29 that I already had planned out before the Apr. 22 date was announced. Now I don't have to switch things up.

Flight Safety

I was disappointed that I would miss it by a couple days as were checking out a few days before it was supposed to open. Kinda happy I don't have to plan another trip real close to our next one.

Anyone know why the video says it was removed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom