New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

dreamscometrue

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Me, doesn't surprise me whatsoever given the delays for FLE, Avatar, heck they couldn't even get the Fairytale Hall operational and that building was just reworked to a massive meet and greet or take a Hat down in the Studios without an extended time frame. So the lights being delayed shouldn't be a surprise-more anticipated given Disney's track history the past decade. The pessimist in me regarding all Disney builds as of late would add the Studio's future builds will likely go down the same delay road.

Zipadeelady

I agree with all of you, I'm glad they're waiting "until they get it right". And I am very tempted to watch the video especially since your all saying it's great but I want to see it the first time in person. Wish me luck on not caving! :)

rioriz

It did not say the other night time offerings were delayed but I am assuming Night Safari, Tiffins, and ToL show will wait for RoL also?....

doctornick

They have been struggling on this for a while now, and it became clear that Apr 22 just wasn't going to happen. Shame they will miss the announced date, but best to hold off and get things right.

Agree with this. It's unfortunate that Disney seems to take too long to roll things out, but it's better to do it right than to do it early. I actually view it as a good thing if Disney is willing to delay to make sure things works out properly rather than meet the announced date but have it be subpar.

aladdin2007

Me, doesn't surprise me whatsoever given the delays for FLE, Avatar, heck they couldn't even get the Fairytale Hall operational and that building was just reworked to a massive meet and greet or take a Hat down in the Studios without an extended time frame. So the lights being delayed shouldn't be a surprise-more anticipated given Disney's track history the past decade. The pessimist in me regarding all Disney builds as of late would add the Studio's future builds will likely go down the same delay road.

agree, shanghai anyone? just my opinion but have a feeling this is part of the cutbacks on purpose.

WDWLover#1

In agreement with everyone. If Disney gets this right it has the opportunity to be fantastic. Opening probably won't happen till June or July it seems though, if they're saying more info will be released in late May about the timing.
Also remember guys that this is a completely new thing for the park to attempt. Staying open for five hours more is no mean feat. Bet they're struggling to work out how they can operate still.

ChristianG

I'm glad for the delay but sorry for the people who planned trips for it. With all of the testing they were doing midday, it seemed as if they were in panic mode. This delay BETTA be worth it. Hopefully the premiere runs smoothly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom