• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

geekza

My only vivid memory of the show is from 2006, though I have vague recollections of both the 1983 fireworks show and the show from 1997. I can see how some these days might mock it's overly-sincere tone, but I loved the show and it made quite a lasting impression on me. I'm sad that it will likely be gone by the time we make it to Epcot in November.

SteamboatJoe

Advertisement
I don’t have much info about the forthcoming show, but interim shows frighten me. I’d love to be surprised like Symphony in the Stars, but then I remember Jungle Book Alive with Magic.

The 2020 show has wonderful tech (if it all works) and should have gorgeous visuals. We will how the soundtrack is.
HEA was sort of going to be a interim show, wasn't it?

brb1006

When I first saw RoE in 2016 (yes I'd never seen it before then) I couldn't believe how poor it was compared to the old Epcot fireworks where they lit up all the countries. I reckon half as many fireworks went up. The ball is too small to be impactful.
Rubbish.
It looked good a long time ago back when it used to have screaming fireworks.

Mat Cauthon

I love RoE but the thing I will miss most is actually in the show introduction. When the announcer says "Reflections of Earth" then blows out the torches around WSC was a complete surprise to me first time I saw the show and remains my favorite part. Yeah I know, here's this massive fireworks and fire show with awesome score and my favorite thing is that?? Yep! For me it sets the whole tone and I will never forget the first time I saw it. I'm told I had a jaw drop moment when it happened.
ETA: I hope it's still going during our trip coming in the next couple of months.

CoreNovawarAMM

I love RoE but the thing I will miss most is actually in the show introduction. When the announcer says "Reflections of Earth" then blows out the torches around WSC was a complete surprise to me first time I saw the show and remains my favorite part. Yeah I know, here's this massive fireworks and fire show with awesome score and my favorite thing is that?? Yep! For me it sets the whole tone and I will never forget the first time I saw it. I'm told I had a jaw drop moment when it happened.
ETA: I hope it's still going during our trip coming in the next couple of months.
That beginning part is definitely a highlight of the show for me as well...I remember getting chills the first time I watched it.

atighe42

So will this interim show be publicly called an interim show? Seems a bit bizarre. With Jungle Book in place of RoL, they called it a placeholder. The expectations were tempered because of it, thankfully.

aladdin2007

Only in WDW would a two year show be called an interim show. In the rest of the world, it's called: a show.

;)
I worry about that, their concepts on interim tend to become permanent or way too long being interim. Why not just leave the current show in place until the new one is ready? Isn't that how they bridged the original IllumiNations and ROE? I may have missed the reason if it was already stated sorry.

Biff215

I worry about that, their concepts on interim tend to become permanent or way too long being interim. Why not just leave the current show in place until the new one is ready? Isn't that how they bridged the original IllumiNations and ROE? I may have missed the reason if it was already stated sorry.
While not official, speculation is that this new interim show is in response to Epcot’s declining attendance. As much as many of us love RoE, they can’t use it to draw in crowds anymore. Epcot has so much capacity and they desperately need it used in the next few years.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
While not official, speculation is that this new interim show is in response to Epcot’s declining attendance. As much as many of us love RoE, they can’t use it to draw in crowds anymore. Epcot has so much capacity and they desperately need it used in the next few years.
The new show will attempt to address that. The interim would be for different reasons. Let me add plans aren’t finalised yet but this is the proposal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom