Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Ewizaboof

I thought they were almost the same with only a few differences in the pirates/villains section? Might be wrong though.

Regardless, World of Color is in my personal top 3. I loved the show the moment I laid eyes on it!

Original had an incredible segment after pirates ("Tales their be aplenty in this cursed place") mixing Night on bald mountain into a Hellfire and Firebird mashup. The Scoring and orchestration was incredible, and the fire effects were top notch. It was easily the best part of the show.

The new show feels disjointed and clumsy.

iMax

Because it's boring and the only reason CA has it is because they need to do something, anything at all, to get people into the park and away from DL in the evenings?

I've never heard anyone saw "WOW, I can't believe how amazing WOC was!"

Everyone that I've met and asked how was WOC I've gotten nothing but good reviews. Unfortunately for me when I head to DL next week it will be down.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Everyone that I've met and asked how was WOC I've gotten nothing but good reviews. Unfortunately for me when I head to DL next week it will be down.

World of color is good...

But it’s just really a hybrid of the new standard “Disney’s greatest hits” on water spray screens from fantasmic with some more stuff...

I’d still take an original concept like illuminations...just something not 20 years old.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is it just me or is Night on Bald Mountain really, really sped up? The audio just isn't right at that speed.

Really cool segment though.

Yeah, that would bother me. Not because I can't bear for a piece to be at a different tempo, but because it's indeed ridiculously fast. Although, it may be an issue with the video recording...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
After watching ROE July 4th and last night online, it doesn't look that bad. Maybe Epcot Shouldn't rush to close it.

It’s the best show they’ve ever done...

But this is just another symptom of lowering the customer bar...it’s beyond old. I know there are a percentage of first/one and doners every day...

But the strength is always gonna be the repeat customers. Cast member bob can try to say it’s all about the big one and done trip...but that’s just for his stock option values...

Then on the other hand it’s a big shopping mall to suck in locals and offsiters and timeshares out the wazoo...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not that it really means a lot, but a press release from Disney today listed Reflections of Earth with holiday finale playing for the holidays 2018.

It’s not going anywhere till they clear some of that capex in the park and get the reorganization of the Caribbean Area into “luxury” (barf) done...

Why would they bother now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom