Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

trainplane3

This feels like a very fast moving relationship with that girl you aren't so sure about but can't bring yourself to say "no" to. For us on the "outside", this seems like it's all happening very fast.

I'm all for something new but I hope whatever this "interim" show is, it'll be at least decent. Whatever the true, next Illuminations is, I hope that will blow me away.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I just hope that, in the efforts to fast track this, that it isn't being scaled back/cut... whatever replaces Illuminations needs to be a grand show with lots of new and exciting tech...

ToTBellHop

This feels like a very fast moving relationship with that girl you aren't so sure about but can't bring yourself to say "no" to. For us on the "outside", this seems like it's all happening very fast.

I'm all for something new but I hope whatever this "interim" show is, it'll be at least decent. Whatever the true, next Illuminations is, I hope that will blow me away.
Had a lot of relationships like that, have you?

montyz81

With the speed at which this is progressing, I'd imagine this is going to be an evolution of ROE rather then a complete redo. I am hopeful for a ROE that uses WoC or RoL technology. My guess is that is what we are going to get, which is OK with me.

Squishy

With the speed at which this is progressing, I'd imagine this is going to be an evolution of ROE rather then a complete redo. I am hopeful for a ROE that uses WoC or RoL technology. My guess is that is what we are going to get, which is OK with me.
Im thinking it's gonna be ROL, WOC & fireworks all combined together.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just hope that, in the efforts to fast track this, that it isn't being scaled back/cut... whatever replaces Illuminations needs to be a grand show with lots of new and exciting tech...
It’s the opposite of fast tracked. There could well be an interim show between RoE and the new one, much like Imagine a Fantasy in the Sky at DL. Or Alive with Magic.

jrhwdw

It’s the opposite of fast tracked. There could well be an interim show between RoE and the new one, much like Imagine a Fantasy in the Sky at DL. Or Alive with Magic.
Maybe, but it does sound like the interim show is being fast tracked which IDK if that's a good thing.

trainplane3

So I take it, we should expect this interim show to hang around for a year-ish before the true successor goes live? If whatever is happening "soon" that is.

Stripes

Interesting. Hopefully they're using the extra time to make this new show even more ambitious.
We shouldn't have to wait long for something official on this. At the minute, nearly everything you are reading at other sites is a miss-mash of Jim Hill and the content of this forum.
If it's not fast tracked, and we should expect something official soon, I'm thinking this show may require quite a bit of construction.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Would the interim show be because they need to make some sort of modifications that cannot be made while the current show runs (like needing to drain the lagoon or put new infrastructure into the lagoon that would interfere with the current show or making major modifications to current barges used in the show) or would it be more to just have something new NOW (maybe due to concerns of the compitition's new show)? Is it possible that the new show will utilize (beta test) some of the new hardware?

Jeffxz

Would the interim show be because they need to make some sort of modifications that cannot be made while the current show runs (like needing to drain the lagoon or put new infrastructure into the lagoon that would interfere with the current show or making major modifications to current barges used in the show) or would it be more to just have something new NOW (maybe due to concerns of the compitition's new show)?

If they do need to drain the lagoon, maybe the clearing behind Japan is for a temporary launch site for pyro and not for drones.

pax_65

I hear the new show will be a salute to all nations, but mostly America.

images

Rowlet

Not that Disney has to compete with Universal, but maybe it's a response to their new nighttime show? Also I think it's interesting that HEA was supposed to be the "interim" show (from what I've read here in the forums) but it became such a hit that now we may see it stick around for a while. Maybe the same with this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom