Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Marc Davis Fan

Personally, if they took the Drone and Fountain tech that sound like are coming with a new nighttime spectacular for Epcot and simply integrated them into the "Order" section of Reflections of Earth, I'd gladly see the show run for another 15-20 years. It's one of the best offerings ever to exist at Walt Disney World and I really have a hard time believing they'll do better . . . If they continue to update the show and keep it fresh I'd be pleased as punch.

Musically, narratively, and conceptually, there's no need to touch the show. Just breathe new life into what's there.

I think this is spot-on. In my opinion, Reflections of Earth is an artistic masterpiece. RoE is to shows what Tower of Terror is to attractions - that is, the epitome of both creativity and craft, with a result far greater than the sum of its parts.

It is easy for those of us who have seen it countless times to forget how profound it really is. Unfortunately, it is also easy for many GP guests to miss out on its depth and meaning (and this goes for many things beyond RoE) when WDW is being marketed as wholly character-driven and aimed at young children.

ToTBellHop

Personally, if they took the Drone and Fountain tech that sound like are coming with a new nighttime spectacular for Epcot and simply integrated them into the "Order" section of Reflections of Earth, I'd gladly see the show run for another 15-20 years. It's one of the best offerings ever to exist at Walt Disney World and I really have a hard time believing they'll do better . . . If they continue to update the show and keep it fresh I'd be pleased as punch.

Musically, narratively, and conceptually, there's no need to touch the show. Just breathe new life into what's there.
Agreed. But that’s not the plan.

ToTBellHop

Indeed. We'll have to see how things turn out. I'd love to see a suitable replacement provided that replacing it suitably is possible.
It’s possible. Do you think it’s likely?

I expect I will find more compelling visuals (Disney still has that locked down and it’s been almost 20 years since ROE premiered), but a less emotive experience. Still fantastic though.

Epcot82Guy

I think this is spot-on. In my opinion, Reflections of Earth is an artistic masterpiece. RoE is to shows what Tower of Terror is to attractions - that is, the epitome of both creativity and craft, with a result far greater than the sum of its parts.

It is easy for those of us who have seen it countless times to forget how profound it really is. Unfortunately, it is also easy for many GP guests to miss out on its depth and meaning (and this goes for many things beyond RoE) when WDW is being marketed as wholly character-driven and aimed at young children.

I agree with this so much. Watching ROL, the tech there blended with the current show could keep it going for years.

I know that won't happen given the current mandate (part of the reason I didn't renew this year and am going from trips once a quarter to once every 2-3 years) - but it's nice to dream of what they can do when they aimed high and then aim higher when it's time to update something.

jrhwdw

Word on the street is there will be some pyro tests coming up in the next couple days in the late evening. Not sure if it’s 4th of July related or something “more”.
Any word it these tests happened or are happening? Do they test Heartbeat Of Freedom every year?

Disone

Word on the street is there will be some pyro tests coming up in the next couple days in the late evening. Not sure if it’s 4th of July related or something “more”.
It just happened just shortly after midnight. Huge. I suspect a July 4th rehearsal and not the new show but you never know.

mightynine

I've a co-worker who's going to WDW the week after Thanksgiving and she's never seen Illuminations and she's afraid it will be gone by then. Any idea if that would be the case?

(Heck, I'd like to know too! That's usually the week I go but I don't have a trip planned at the moment - I'd probably make a quick trip just to see my favorite show one last time.)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've a co-worker who's going to WDW the week after Thanksgiving and she's never seen Illuminations and she's afraid it will be gone by then. Any idea if that would be the case?

(Heck, I'd like to know too! That's usually the week I go but I don't have a trip planned at the moment - I'd probably make a quick trip just to see my favorite show one last time.)
There is some possibility it may be gone by then. Nothing official at this time however.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

There is some possibility it may be gone by then. Nothing official at this time however.
When’s thanksgiving this year (says a Brit) ?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Nov 22. Always fourth Thursday in November.

1528832997912.png

PalisadesPkteer

I am going from December 6 to 11. So I'll be there too. Would love to see RoE one last time.

BEARSHOUSE4

For such big news, they’ve done a great job keeping this a secret! There was a mention a while ago about a new score being produced but that’s it. Can’t wait to hear about the changes. ROE will always be great, but it’s good to see WDW improving and keeping things fresh. Especially at Epcot.

n2hifi

Way off topic, but I bought a calendar from a UK store last December because it wasn't available in the US (Anne Stokes). I never realized how small my world was. It lists a good deal of the northern European holidays (and U.S. for that matter). Now every time a non U.S. holiday comes up I research it. Drank my first wassail on Twelfth Night this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom