• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Marc Davis Fan

Advertisement
There could be some shifting of schedules regarding RoE. More soon.
I was just today wondering what the latest on this was.

As always, thanks so much for keeping us all in the loop, Martin.

Personally, I hope the shifting is back to 2020 for good this time. I’d rather that as many of us as possible get to say our goodbyes to RoE.

jrhwdw

There could be some shifting of schedules regarding RoE. More soon.
Could the transition come sooner since the Earth Globe doesn't open anymore for the finale? It has not opened on the latest ROE Streams that I've seen.

I wonder if Epcot has gotten any feedback about that?

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Is there any truth to there being an "interim" show performing before the new version of IllumiNations debuts?
The dates I gave for the new big nighttime show stand still. In addition to what Steve said above.
So this is likely going to be something they trot out next year before the new rides at DHS, right?
Possibly sooner. In part.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

I understand it’s a possibility. Recent precedent with this - Jungle Book before RoL.
But, we got Jungle Book because of ROL Problems. Is Epcot having problems too? Granted not the same thing as we had a date for ROL and no date for this.

peter11435

But, we got Jungle Book because of ROL Problems. Is Epcot having problems too? Granted not the same thing as we had a date for ROL and no date for this.
Disneyland has done interim shows in the past as well.

It wouldn’t surprise me. Much of the ROE infrastructure may need refurbishment work. The MaxiBarges for example have been running for 30 years. If they are planning on being used for the new show I could see some significant work being necessary.

Maybe an interim show that relies on the specialty tag barges while the rest are refurbed and refitted.

TheDude23

So ... it's sounding more and more that I need to see this in my early Fall trip this year. Not that I'd miss it!

GlacierGlacier

Disneyland has done interim shows in the past as well.

It wouldn’t surprise me. Much of the ROE infrastructure may need refurbishment work. The MaxiBarges for example have been running for 30 years. If they are planning on being used for the new show I could see some significant work being necessary.

Maybe an interim show that relies on the specialty tag barges while the rest are refurbed and refitted.
You can see just how far Disney's barge tech has come with Rivers of Light. It's jarring comparing the lotuses and the black mess of the barges in RoE. And yes, the Lotus barges were designed to be seen as part of the show while the RoE barges were not, but when they sit on the lake for the second half of the Park's operating hours each day they are quite visible. And distractingly utilitarian.

V_L_Raptor

So are they looking to keep Illuminations in general, but to update the showpieces to give it more maneuverability and less clunk?

Top Bottom