• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

BrianLo

Controversial: I don't think Illuminations is all that great. It perhaps used to be, but so many of disney's offerings worldwide and even at WDW have surpassed it. Found it a bit hokey squinting at the spinning globe 500m away. I don't really have enough nostalgia glasses for it. It's had a good run, but like everything at WDW - overstays its welcome to the point that people can't let go of it.

Not sure why everyone's immediately jumping to an IP fest when rivers of light just happened.

No problem if they seriously retooled it with the same general gestalt, it's just dated.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Advertisement
If any those rumors are actually true, Epcot 3.0 sounds pretty awful. Potentially even worse than it's current form, let alone EPCOT Center. That Illuminations rumor in particular was nauseating.

The only thing I'm pleased about is the lack of any rumors about messing up Spaceship Earth, American Adventure and the Land
Put down the Alka-Seltzer. We know next to nothing of the new show except this...

TBH, the best way to describe the plan is RoL+ RoE+ ______
The blank is on purpose.

AJH219

If any those rumors are actually true, Epcot 3.0 sounds pretty awful. Potentially even worse than it's current form, let alone EPCOT Center. That Illuminations rumor in particular was nauseating.

The only thing I'm pleased about is the lack of any rumors about messing up Spaceship Earth, American Adventure and the Land
I too would be horrified if they destroyed American Adventure and SSE!! Two of the most iconic attractions in Disney park history. Ugh. I need 100 percent confirmation they ate staying before I get excited about the new epcot

MerlinTheGoat

Put down the Alka-Seltzer. We know next to nothing of the new show except this...
I know better than to trust Corless so don't worry (his track record is abysmal). Just on the off chance any of it is true (like the grand total of one time he was actually right about something with Hong Kong DL castle), what he is claiming sounds pretty bad.

EvilChameleon

It might not make me want to die but it will make my life a lot less enjoyable. When the things I do to escape from reality start reflecting reality and becomes yet another source of anxiety I don't really know where to turn. Luckily I do have a significant other right now so it could be worse.
What about an IP based nighttime show at EPCOT would reflect reality to you?

EricsBiscuit

If there was an IP I think would be interesting in Epcot, it would be Zootopia. Z is about how creatures of different species try to coexist. From there we can draw the connection and come to a conclusion that the carefully crafted city of Z can represent our delicate world. I think it would be cool.

HMF

What about an IP based nighttime show at EPCOT would reflect reality to you?
The message of Reflections of Earth is how we are all connected and one people on this planet and how together we can build a better future. If a message that important especially these days is replaced by a bunch of advertisements. It will reflect how divided and cynical we have become. It's one less thing to inspire optimism in a world that seems to be intent on destroying itself.

Last edited:

Biff215

If there was an IP I think would be interesting in Epcot, it would be Zootopia. Z is about how creatures of different species try to coexist. From there we can draw the connection and come to a conclusion that the carefully crafted city of Z can represent our delicate world. I think it would be cool.
Please no, although I honestly felt Zootopia is one of the weaker Disney movies in recent memory, but I know others who loved it. Is there anywhere in WDW that it hasn't been suggested for on these boards? ;)

brb1006

Put that at HS instead of Epcot

flyerjab

AmAd should finally go digital and have Golden Dream replaced again. Circle of Life will be replaced and Living with the Land will receive another update.
Is SSE scheduled to be updated as part of this grand re-imagining, as it were? Or is that, along with Imagination, something for later?

HMF

Is SSE scheduled to be updated as part of this grand re-imagining, as it were? Or is that, along with Imagination, something for later?
Martin said yesterday that version 5 of SSE is in the very early stages of planning right now but it is later on in the plan so we are stuck with the SSE for Dummies we have now for at least another few years.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Martin said yesterday that version 5 of SSE is in the very early stages of planning right now but it is later on in the plan so we are stuck with the SSE for Dummies we have now for at least another few years.

FutureCEO

The American Adventure and Hall of Presidents are snooztopia. Half of Spaceship Earth can be messed with because there is nothing to see (the part where they tell you your future).

HMF

The American Adventure and Hall of Presidents are snooztopia. Half of Spaceship Earth can be messed with because there is nothing to see (the part where they tell you your future).
American Adventure absolutely not. As for Hall of Presidents I would be surprised if anyone would sleep through it these days though if I were Disney's PR team I would hope for it. The descent of Spaceship Earth needs to have a fitting ending similar in tone to the 86 and 94 endings.

Top Bottom