Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Please just create a BraviSEAmo show for EPCOT !

In terms of technology, the Tokyo resorts set a very good example. TokyoSea Fantasmic and the Tokyo Disney Resort's DREAMLIGHTS are amazing. For EPCOT, I would love to see the lagoon shows from TokyoDisney Sea.

The Tokyo Disney Resort, continually changes the shows and parades to give people a reason to come back. Yes, I understand those parks cater to the local crowds and the belief is they *need* to frequently change the offerings to keep the crowds coming back - at 70 bucks for a one day ticket by the way. This admission also includes the Halloween and Christmas events. Events that the Florida park charges extra.

That said - I would argue the yearly committed visits of the WDW's DVC crowd is enough to justify a frequent schedule of new offerings. I mean, the MK castle show seems like it is revised most often. I know WISHES has been around awhile but the insertion of seasonal flavors of the castle shows make it feel updated.

The last real exciting entertainment I experienced at EPCOT was the Tapestry Of Nations in 2000. What an emotional and touching parade. I loved how that night parade gave World Showcase such an intimate feeling. Nothing since has been achieved. Simply gorgeous.

On that 70 buck ticket price, That's in TOKYO one of the MOST expensive cities in the world, Compare that to Orlando one of the cheapest.

aladdin2007

I too would like to see a return of the focus of nations like in the old show. My favorite part is how the buildings light up. Would also love to see a light package added to Norway and Morocco, but I know Morocco was left out intentionally being the building is a religious symbol, and at the time Norway didnt want to purchase a light package, or so it was explained to me.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
He hates everything as he posts repeatedly

The ONLY thing I hate at WDW is the way the place is run. i.e. like it's going out of business.

I hated when Prime RIb was replaced by 'strip loin' and the price went UP, I hated when the bread in 'Tonga Toast' was replaced with some kind of generic crap.

I hated when the Dining pricing went so high I could no longer justify paying those prices, Could I pay what Disney was asking yes easily, But WOULD I pay what Disney was asking HELL NO.

Last edited:

lifeguard1020

I don't completely understand people complaining about bringing IP's into Epcot. I kind of understand full/complete movie tie ins a little bit, but its always had characters in it. If I remember correctly, when the park originally opened, there was a very clear point to not have ANY characters out around the park. They really wanted to show the world and the future. That meant no characters. However, crowds didn't completely understand, so Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald (all in space suits) began appearing.
My memory may be cloudy on this whole thing, but I'm pretty sure at least part of all that is correct...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I agree that they run it like that. But not everything is CHEAP and awful. IMO.

The problem is too much of WDW is Cheap and Awful, No not all of it for the most part AK has been spared the 'cheap-n-nasty' treatment thanks to Joe Rohde's love for that park.

The comparison between TDL and TDS and WDW is particularly telling as their tickets are 2/3 the cost of a WDW ticket in one of the most expensive cities in the world, They maintain the last bastion of 'Disney' quality somehow they can afford to have new shows and parades and attractions worthy of the IP they represent.

clemmo

Saw that report. The whole marine life institute plan didn't seem to be rumored on here and may not be right as well as the inside out plan in imagination. Other than that most of it seemed fairly close to whats been said on here by our insiders.

HMF

If the ROE replacement really is what Corless is describing I will likely need A LOT of Coaxing to come back to WDW at all. It would be the equivalent of having the Dementor's kiss in Harry Potter lore.

backdrop12

For me , this ride has alot of nostalgic/personal attachment . Even tho I have not gone to Disney World in awhile , watching videos on YouTube brings back memories of when my mom and I went to disney world before she passed ( we went all the time when I was 2-9). This was both our favorite show and I will be very saddened if this attraction is gone .

Now , nostalgia aside , I understand Epcot is all about new changes and innovation. Something that can be updated and made EVEN BETTER than the last version is always a huge plus for me ( like new lights , lasers , movies , pyro , etc) so I am very interested in what they can bring to the table .

Problem with E(IP)cot now is that they seem to be bringing their IPS into the picture that DO NOT represent the core theming of the park. If they can get past that , I'll give it a fair and unbiased opinion .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom