New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

Clever Name

You know, The United States of America Adventure really rolls off the tongue smoothly. Pretty catchy. You're a clever one. And to think all this time they had the wrong name on the sign and Disney never even knew it! Holy crap. What if Space Mountain is actually Slash Mountain?! It's a conspiracy!
"The United States Adventure" would be the best title IMO. It includes the acronym "USA" but plays off the "America" and replaces it with "Adventure". I think it is a better and more descriptive title. The term "American" is not synonymous with the United States. It can refer to Latin American as just one example.

John

I have seen threads run off on different tangents but this one has run completely off a cliff. AA costumes to Slavery in America. All I can say is WOW!

The Empress Lilly

I have seen threads run off on different tangents but this one has run completely off a cliff. AA costumes to Slavery in America. All I can say is WOW!
And to think half it it already got removed!

But the real question is: is it worse to derail a perfectly fun costume thread with modern historical nonsense, or to derail a perfectly fun historical attraction with modern costume nonsense?

The Empress Lilly

Well if that's how you feel, then I'm not sharing my Akershus dessert tray with you!
I don't want your criminal Norwegian dessert!!

'Dessert' sounds close to 'desert', where evil imperialist wars are fought, so we must remove all desserts from World Showcase. Also, 'Akershus' has hus in it, which means house not only in Norwegian but in Danish and Swedish too, but these are shamefully ignored.

And I don't know about you, but I, for one, refuse to be complicit in this repression of Denmark.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Goodness gracious. This is a forum about a family theme park. We don't need to go over every sordid detail of Britain's imperialist past, or Germany's 20th century Sonderweg, or the lack of a reference to seal clubbing in the Canada movie. There are forums better suited for that.

Unless you want to discuss the crime against humanity that is Norwegian 'cuisine'...

Nothing sordid about our past deary. And we have a good bit more of it to pick from.

dman1373

That's exactly right. America is a continent. I think I said that (I made it bigger in my OP for ease of understanding). So are we talking about the adventure of a continent? No, the show talks about the founding of the United States of America.

Mexico is part of America.
you do understand that america has always been used as another name for the usa. Thats why we are called americans, not united states americans. Most Europeans refered to us as americans.

COProgressFan

I think we should try to get back on track and talk about the hideousness of the proposed new AA costumes. I'm sure TDO is reading this thread and loves the fact that we stopped talking about the original point of the thread.

So to reiterate...the new proposed costumes are not only hideous, but they have no connection to the setting of time and place evoked by the American Adventure pavilion. They would look horribly out of place and look more befitting of a Delta flight attendant... "Y'all want something to drink?"

scpergj

I
you do understand that america has always been used as another name for the usa. Thats why we are called americans, not united states americans. Most Europeans refered to us as americans.
I've begun to believe that little Mr. Clever Name is a troll - he's TRYING to get people upset with his whole "United States of America Adventure" or his bringing up Jefferson's drafts of the Declaration and slavery, all of that junk. Maybe we should treat him as the troll that he is...

asianway

Original Poster
I

I've begun to believe that little Mr. Clever Name is a troll - he's TRYING to get people upset with his whole "United States of America Adventure" or his bringing up Jefferson's drafts of the Declaration and slavery, all of that junk. Maybe we should treat him as the troll that he is...
I've been ignoring for over a month-lalalalalala

prberk

So to reiterate...the new proposed costumes are not only hideous, but they have no connection to the setting of time and place evoked by the American Adventure pavilion. They would look horribly out of place and look more befitting of a Delta flight attendant... "Y'all want something to drink?"

I cannot agree more. The "early American" dress seems most appropriate. The architecture is Georgian, like Colonial Williamsburg and Independence Hall in Philadelphia. Dress to match is colonial, not modern.

www.colonialwilliamsburg.com

Check it out. They have modern amenities in the hotels, but the "cast members" are dressed in period colonial dress.

Minnie1976

I cannot agree more. The "early American" dress seems most appropriate. The architecture is Georgian, like Colonial Williamsburg and Independence Hall in Philadelphia. Dress to match is colonial, not modern.

www.colonialwilliamsburg.com

Check it out. They have modern amenities in the hotels, but the "cast members" are dressed in period colonial dress.
I have to agree with you and COProgressiveFan.

Prototype82

Ignoring the troll now.

I'm okay with the new AA Uniforms IF they end up being navy as opposed to bright blue. Bright blue will look cheesy...

Tom

Beta Return
Ignoring the troll now.

I'm okay with the new AA Uniforms IF they end up being navy as opposed to bright blue. Bright blue will look cheesy...

I'm okay with new costumes if they utilize new fabrics that allow the look to stay the same while providing more comfort to the CMs.

alissafalco

I'm still a little confused. So the Colonial costumes will remain on the outside, and the new modern uniforms will be in the inside of AA??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom