New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

acishere

I think we should try to get back on track and talk about the hideousness of the proposed new AA costumes. I'm sure TDO is reading this thread and loves the fact that we stopped talking about the original point of the thread.

So to reiterate...the new proposed costumes are not only hideous, but they have no connection to the setting of time and place evoked by the American Adventure pavilion. They would look horribly out of place and look more befitting of a Delta flight attendant... "Y'all want something to drink?"
Maybe we should let Disney know how we feel about the new costumes by constantly signaling the CMs during AA and asking them for a bag of peanuts, and a blanket.

Clever Name

Maybe we should let Disney know how we feel about the new costumes by constantly signaling the CMs during AA and asking them for a bag of peanuts, and a blanket.

I am confident that the Disney Company is not at all concerned with the fashion sense of the average guest.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
so what was the original source of this again? Because the OP said encylopedia? Unless I'm missing something, that doesn't say much. Maybe another insider posted within the 20 pages confirming this, but just wondering if that is actually the case.

Mem11

so what was the original source of this again? Because the OP said encylopedia? Unless I'm missing something, that doesn't say much. Maybe another insider posted within the 20 pages confirming this, but just wondering if that is actually the case.

Yes originally I believe that was what the OP was basing it on, but eventually Kevin Yee confirmed it on page 12 and before that someone linked to this article written by an AA Cast Member.

KevinYee

The US Olympics costumes look related. And they are in the national news for whether they'll be made in China rather than the US.

asianway

Original Poster
Apparently the images were on the hub then pulled - perhaps someone up the chain pulled the plug - we can hope

COProgressFan

Recent news through the grapevine sounds like VOL will be changing as well.

Thrilling. Why can't they just leave well enough alone? There are countless, major, problems deserving lots of attention across WDW. But the costumes of CMs at AA is not one of them.

If the American Adventure CMs are wearing modern flight attendant uniforms, perhaps the Voices of Liberty will wear bright yellow polo shirts and khakis like at the rental car counter?

The Empress Lilly

If the American Adventure CMs are wearing modern flight attendant uniforms, perhaps the Voices of Liberty will wear bright yellow polo shirts and khakis like at the rental car counter?
That would be awesome.

Maybe at the Liberty Inn the CM's can wear Burger King costumes. We'll turn the AA into an ode to American capitalism. Airlines, car rentals, fastfood. I hope they'll modernise the show too by replacing Bejamin Franklin with Ronald McDonald.

maryszhi

i love the costumes now, but i could see more modern ones for certain roles. i hope that the costume is like what voices of liberty wear in the candlelight processional, and the 4th of July. the red white and blue is amazing.

castlecake2.0

How do they look?

well, they dont look the worst, they look much more bright and fresh than what the cast are wearing now, but they are pretty much just like the concept art shown earlier. Im not sure how they are to fit the colonial building. The pavilions in world shpwcase were always meant to take guests to a certain time period of that coubtrys history, these costumes definitely ruin that.

alissafalco

well, they dont look the worst, they look much more bright and fresh than what the cast are wearing now, but they are pretty much just like the concept art shown earlier. Im not sure how they are to fit the colonial building. The pavilions in world shpwcase were always meant to take guests to a certain time period of that coubtrys history, these costumes definitely ruin that.

upsetting..:( thanks for the info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom