New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

Cmdr_Crimson

ameradv12.jpg

My thoughts on this....
7840_stewieguypuke.gif

Devin36

I dunno.....I really enjoyed the colonial costumes....They went perfect with the Voices of Liberty & what they are all about....This is not, as Walt would say "a plus"....not at all...

scpergj

I dunno.....I really enjoyed the colonial costumes....They went perfect with the Voices of Liberty & what they are all about....This is not, as Walt would say "a plus"....not at all...
Yeah - those just aren't good, are they...the colonial costumes gave the CM's a certain look this is just missing. Guess they could be called Mr. Magoo meets Wal-Mart fashion....

MarkTwain

When I first read this news, I hesitated to comment, because I've actually seen some classy and contemporary ways of dressing in a distinctly "American" style. Specifically, I remembered the stylized suits that the American Olympic team wore at the Olympic opening & closing ceremonies every year (uh, 4 years), but I couldn't find any photos. As it turned out, this year's designs were revealed today, and I think something like this would have been perfect for the American Adventure if they wanted something more "modern":

8e56a353-7d9e-4f21-bd3f-ed1762d675bf-sketches.jpg

ALeqM5gOpBPU-COmVGnn5JfnWOzaJivYIQ

DznyRktekt

White pants for any castmember is not a good idea. A nightmare to keep clean, and not a flattering color if one's derriere is a size larger than those in the rendering.

The Empress Lilly

When I first read this news, I hesitated to comment, because I've actually seen some classy and contemporary ways of dressing in a distinctly "American" style. Specifically, I remembered the stylized suits that the American Olympic team wore at the Olympic opening & closing ceremonies every year (uh, 4 years), but I couldn't find any photos. As it turned out, this year's designs were revealed today, and I think something like this would have been perfect for the American Adventure if they wanted something more "modern":

8e56a353-7d9e-4f21-bd3f-ed1762d675bf-sketches.jpg

ALeqM5gOpBPU-COmVGnn5JfnWOzaJivYIQ
Much better than the designs for the AA!

But...well..let's say that maybe Americans have different fashion traditions. Those suits are just full of fashion faux pas. For a start, a giant logo on a jacket? Gold buttons? Double-breasted? On casual trousers no less? I understand it is sports wear, complete with sponsor logos and all, and needs to be compared to a baseball outfit and not a business suit. But still...

But certainly much better than the AA-attraction costume. These Olympic ones are happy, eye-catching, even somewhat hip and trendy. And boy, do they make the people wearing them look good!

Edit: come to think of it, wouldn't it be splendid if the CM's at the AA would wear the then current USA Olympics costume?

John

The French look better, by birthright, even if the colours and basic idea are the same:

passation-en-vue-des-jo-big.JPG

You might be on to something....nothing says America then Pat Boone white shoes. Seriously...none of these costumes seem to fit AA. Modern? why?......just why? Was there mass complaints from guest? Whats the reason? whats the purpose? Oh thats right.....A bad solution to a manufactured problem.

acishere

Much better than the designs for the AA!

But...well..let's say that maybe Americans have different fashion traditions. Those suits are just full of fashion faux pas. For a start, a giant logo on a jacket? Gold buttons? Double-breasted? On casual trousers no less? I understand it is sports wear, complete with sponsor logos and all, and needs to be compared to a baseball outfit and not a business suit. But still...

But certainly much better than the AA-attraction costume. These Olympic ones are happy, eye-catching, even somewhat hip and trendy. And boy, do they make the people wearing them look good!

Edit: come to think of it, wouldn't it be splendid if the CM's at the AA would wear the then current USA Olympics costume?

The Ralph Lauren tailors actually bothering to make the suits fit them properly makes all the difference. Even if Disney went with this design the end result would still make the men all look like Janet Reno.

The giant logo on the jacket looks like something you would see in an English prep-school. It doesn't match the nautical style jacket its on. Its only there for product placement purposes anyway. Can't let the world go through the opening ceremonies not knowing who they are wearing.

I don't like the white bottoms either. Just make them the same color as the suit jacket. I'd get ketchup on those whits pants 2 minutes before having to walk out in public.

I do love the idea of having the CM not just at AA, but in every country in the WS wear the Olympic uniform for their respective country during the Olympics. But sadly that is too expensive.

AmongMadPeople

The giant logo on the jacket looks like something you would see in an English prep-school. It doesn't match the nautical style jacket its on. Its only there for product placement purposes anyway. Can't let the world go through the opening ceremonies not knowing who they are wearing.

Admittedly, this is an off-topic tangent, but I've seen a lot of huge Ralph Lauren logos recently in the World. I saw lots of polos with gigantic logos, bigger than the ones on the Olympics uniform. The only people I saw wearing them spoke a language I don't understand, so I figured it was a European or Latin/South American thing. I don't know anyone in real life who wears Ralph Lauren, so I haven't the slightest idea whether some Americans also romp around with the huge logos on their chest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom