New Mickey figurine set (including SMRT-1!)

Space Mountain

I was the first person on WDW property to purchase the entire 3" collection, unopened according to a Merchandise Manager Friday. I was too irritated to just buy a few and have to worry about duplicates...so I bought the entire display!

Tim G

What is the Pixar in that picture, Mr. (SIR) Grumpy Gills?

1st:
Better keep your sarcasm to yourself! (you're not funny)

2nd:
You obviously don't have any idea what a Mickey (made by a real disney designer) looks like...
This is clearly made by a "make believe Disney designer" thus Pixar.

3rd:
This kind of writing doesn't make you popular...
Maybe in New York (although I doubt that) and certainly not on these forums...

I bought my set at 9am opening at Epcot Art of Disney the Friday they were released. I was the first person in AOD that morning and I bought a still sealed case. There is only 1 secret chaser - the balloon Mickey, one is in each case.

Disneyson 1

Sorry about my writing style, Tim. I really didn't mean to be mean to you. I just want to point out that I DO know what a normal Mickey looks like, and I'm sorry if I'm messing with your traditions or something, but I kind of like these new things. I really didn't mean to insult you, and I honestly didn't know that "Pixarfication" was a term used like that. Sorry. Oh, by the way, Merry Christmas!

calismic

My new husband and I bought 9 of the little guys and one of the bigger vinyls. In all we now have 8 unique vinylmations. We are looking for the missing set pieces on Ebay before they start shooting up in price. We were very lucky to be at Downtown Disney the same time as the artists and had them each signed. We were even luckier to get the mystery figurine as well. I love these!!

foslizedtresap

Sorry about my writing style, Tim. I really didn't mean to be mean to you. I just want to point out that I DO know what a normal Mickey looks like, and I'm sorry if I'm messing with your traditions or something, but I kind of like these new things. I really didn't mean to insult you, and I honestly didn't know that "Pixarfication" was a term used like that. Sorry. Oh, by the way, Merry Christmas!

Yeah, but I really don't think its a "Pixarfication". Typically these vinylmations characters have a rounder appearance and they have ever since they came out. It makes it easier to take a shape and transform it in whatever way you want through paint. Take a look at KidRobot http://www.kidrobot.com/search.cfm?keyword=munny
more specifically the munny items. If I'm not mistaken these were one of if not the first vinyls that were created to be used in this fashion. Now I could be wrong, I haven't taken the time to fully research this, so treat it like info from wikipedia. When I first saw vinylmation, it was Kidrobot and so I've always associated them with being pioneers in mass producing them.
Back to the point, look at what all the artists have done, this would not be possible with a more classic mickey figure. Once again, the shape of the actuall figure is key to allowing anyone to create something else with it. I think Disney is just going off of modern art culture and tapping into this niche, not "pixarizing" mickey.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
I was at EPCOT on Wednesday night, Art of Disney had no big SMRT-1s. Also, unsurprisingly, the Cast Members had no idea who SMRT-1 is. Didn't look like they had any Figments, either.

Thunder Kz

Typhoon Lagoon inspired Vinylmation Mickey! These things are a blast! Can you find the hidden Mickey? :animwink:

3155408642_6355b2743a.jpg

3154571089_bca2cef8f0_m.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom