New Mickey figurine set (including SMRT-1!)

gooftroop4590

Me and my friend bought the small world one and the E coupon one this week at the AOD stores. there was also the safari mickey one to but the budget wasn't cutting it. does anyone know where to find the other park series 1...but i think there are only three but any help would be good.

The ones you purchased are part of the nine inch series. in addition to the ones you mentioned theres a Haunted Mansion limited edition of 500, a water park mickey limited to 300, and a Disney cruise line scuba Mickey limited to 300. these are all 39.99 exept the Haunted Mansion which is 74.99. the smaller three inch figures are currently sold out property wide. there will be one more shipment in Febuary. and then thats it for series one. then series one Urban Mickey will debut in late Febuary or early March. followed by a park series two in the spring this series will have a very cool nine inch Mr. Incredible Mickey with a Three inch baby Jack Jack limited to 500 pieces.

DonaldD1987

The ones you purchased are part of the nine inch series. in addition to the ones you mentioned theres a Haunted Mansion limited edition of 500, a water park mickey limited to 300, and a Disney cruise line scuba Mickey limited to 300. these are all 39.99 exept the Haunted Mansion which is 74.99. the smaller three inch figures are currently sold out property wide. there will be one more shipment in Febuary. and then thats it for series one. then series one Urban Mickey will debut in late Febuary or early March. followed by a park series two in the spring this series will have a very cool nine inch Mr. Incredible Mickey with a Three inch baby Jack Jack limited to 500 pieces.

Where did you find out about series 2?

They had all the info about upcoming releases at the vinylmation release party at Downtown Disney. all the artists were available to sign autographs and answer questions. there is currently a poster at the downtown art of Disney showing the upcoming urban series.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Where did you find out about series 2?

They had all the info about upcoming releases at the vinylmation release party at Downtown Disney. all the artists were available to sign autographs and answer questions. there is currently a poster at the downtown art of Disney showing the upcoming urban series.

Yeah, I went to Art of Disney at Marketplace last night, they had a couple of boards at the register showcasing the next wave. Of note was a silver 9-inch EPCOT Mickey with the 5-ring logo on his torso/tummy and the classic Future World pavilion logos all over the rest of him. It had the Universe of Energy logo on his face, and the Horizons logo (the same incorrect one from the 25th Anniversary Figment) on his right ear, and I forget what else.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, I went to Art of Disney at Marketplace last night, they had a couple of boards at the register showcasing the next wave. Of note was a silver 9-inch EPCOT Mickey with the 5-ring logo on his torso/tummy and the classic Future World pavilion logos all over the rest of him. It had the Universe of Energy logo on his face, and the Horizons logo (the same incorrect one from the 25th Anniversary Figment) on his right ear, and I forget what else.

:eek::eek:

Pics!?

gooftroop4590

AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! soo there were three more 9"??? does anyone know if the haunted mansion, water park or cruise line are sold out or are there still more around the parks?? and does any one know a way of getting them online or is ebay the only way?

krankenstein

ZOMG!!!! I know what one I have to have from wave 2!

csm

. Apparently they will be released in January for $9.99 each, and you get a random one ala the mystery pin sets

Ok - so after being pin-sober for quite some time, I have to admit I got hooked on these little vinylmation guys. While some would be pretty annoyed at not knowing what you're going to get, there's something VERY exciting about it! People that bought them were just waiting around the store just as eager to see what the next person pulled out of their box after they made the purchase. They're selling like crazy too. These things are going to be around for a while, is my bet.

Question for the group - before I got into them myself, I saw a thread that had a lot of information about what's to come, inclinding of the cast exclusive figures. I was fairly positive it's this thread, but reading through it multiple times I come across no mention anymore, though do notice quite a few posts that have been edited. Am I crazy? Did I read it somewhere else? If so, does anyone know where that somewhere might be?

Thanks!

DisneyLovingRN

I know I saw some posts saying the Park Series 1 Vinylmation figures were sold out on property?

Well, just so everyone knows, I saw quite a few at the Disney Earport store at MCO. Before our flight last night I bought the 9" LE Haunted Mansion figure and 2 of the 3" figures (I got the 3" HM and Bad Apple figures).

Just thought I'd pass on the info! :sohappy:

csm

I know I saw some posts saying the Park Series 1 Vinylmation figures were sold out on property?

Well, just so everyone knows, I saw quite a few at the Disney Earport store at MCO. Before our flight last night I bought the 9" LE Haunted Mansion figure and 2 of the 3" figures (I got the 3" HM and Bad Apple figures).

Just thought I'd pass on the info! :sohappy:

That's VERY interesting that they have them at the airport! I was under the impression they were only for sale in the art gallery stores! They still have a bunch at DTD. Epcot was a few away from being completely sold out when I was there a few days ago. By later that day I'm sure that they were. I haven't made it to the other three parks to check though. From what the DTD store told me, because they are having a product signing on February 6, the majority of the stock went to them. The park stores got much smaller shipments this time around. This IS the last shipment of Park #1 series, so if anyone is still hoping to get a Yeti or a Figmouse, now is the time while they're still left.

AUPr8Hd

DTD still had some of the 3" figures last night. We found some at both Once Upon a Toy and Art of Disney.

Bought 3 and ended up with Yeti, Monorail and Figmouse

csm

DTD still had some of the 3" figures last night. We found some at both Once Upon a Toy and Art of Disney.

Bought 3 and ended up with Yeti, Monorail and Figmouse

Sweet! That's a great selection. My friend is hunting a Yeti like crazy to no avail.

Clearly they're opening up where these will be sold then. I know WOD was selling some, but that's because they have a little teeny tiny mini gallery section in the back. Didn't expect to hear about Once Upon a Toy, and definitely not the airport store.

In case it hasn't been mentioned, in terms of probablity of getting a particular figure - they are sold from cases of 24. In each case, there are two of every figure except for either the monorail or the teacup, depending on the box. One of those will have three in that box. The reason for the extra is because there is only one chaser figure (the "mystery" one) in each box, and this way it balances out to 24. So technically, you have the best odds of getting either a monorail or a teacup, and after that, you have the same odds of getting SMRT-1, Figmouse, Yeti, etc and all the rest, except for the Mickey Balloon which is one per case (and oddly, the very first one I opened).

corrwill

Yup was at Tower of Terror shop yesterday and they are selling them there as well :)

...To all of my DDG friends who made these vinyls AWESOME job guys! Glad there is such a positive feedback on these. Can't wait to see the new ones. :wave:

csm

Yup was at Tower of Terror shop yesterday and they are selling them there as well :)

...To all of my DDG friends who made these vinyls AWESOME job guys! Glad there is such a positive feedback on these. Can't wait to see the new ones. :wave:

Is everywhere still Park #1 series?

disnyfan89

I can't believe I got into to these suckers. I bought three 3" figures today for the first time! (Teacup, Kermit, and Figent incase you wanted to know!) Everyone just got a second and last shipment of the figures from series one so if you want em you best go buy them! LOL Also, the new set should be out around Easter from what I was told.

er221902

For any New Yorkers or visitors to NYC, they have a new window display publicizing the Vinylmation at the WOD store on Fifth Avenue. I went this weekend, and have never even heard of these creatures; I've seen the posts during the past few months, but thought some Disney fan made them, decided to create different designs, and post their creations online... lol.

Who knew this would be the next big thing to hit Disney merchandise? I wish I would have taken a picture to post on here because the window display was actually pretty cool. If I remember correctly, the advertisement banners in the store said the figurines would be available for purchase here in NYC February 6.

I have been reading these forums for several years now, everday, and this is my first post! I have spent many waking hours scouring this site to get my fill of Disney magic each day; so, thank you to all those fans who keep the spirit alive for those of us who are away...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom