New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

Donaldfan1934

There was a new Tigger that was used during the Disney Live tour...
45347.jpg
You're quick on the research. Was this photo taken recently?

brb1006

It's a vast improvement even in just the eyes. If you can't see that nostalgia is holding you back.
I love the new designs, but it's going to take a while for me to get used to there new look especially Mickey. I love Minnie since they finally got rid of her wearing lipstick and eye-shadow.

brb1006

Looks way better to me too. I didn't realize how dead-eyed the old version looks until you compare. These come up out of the uncanny valley in a good way.

I think once the nostalgia fades we'll look back on the current version much in the same way we look at the Walt era foam heads.
And the Mickey and Minnie's oval shaped ears used from the mid 60's until 1989.
2708374060_897897300d.jpg

brb1006

The more I compare them, the more I like the new look. I just feel like the eyes on the current Mickey are looking two different directions.. But the new Mickey is actually looking at you, with both eyes, if that makes sense! He doesn't look as scary :p
View attachment 138248 View attachment 138249

Some heads have them a bit more centered, but they still never look as good as the new one. The flaws of the old one really show in comparison.

That reminds me of when Marie got redesigned in 2013.

Here's a comparison

(2006 - 2013/2014)
latest

Marie's original park design looked more fluffy and rough looking mainly the fur on her face. I even noticed that in certain photos of Marie token during this design her head looked more rough looking and for some reason her eyes were dark blue and during certain angels she would appear to not look directly at you and had bedroom eyes for an odd reason possibly to be like her mother.
(Current Look)
8643775897_5b3c0b4159_b.jpg

Marie's current design now looks more cuter and better than her previous design. This design later made it to Walt Disney World and the other parks in 2014 since this was first seen at Tokyo and Paris in 2013. Disneyland Paris also later gave her whiskers sometime in October 2015.

KikoKea

Looking at them side by side, I like the smaller heads- looks better. But, honestly, I probably would not notice the difference had I seen a new Mickey at the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom