New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

Donaldfan1934

Will it be this version of Pooh?
WDW-43-51%20%20Winnie%20the%20Pooh%20and%20Friends.jpg
That's not Winnie the Pooh. Its a severely deformed clone of him from a cloning experiment gone horribly wrong.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

And the Mickey and Minnie's oval shaped ears used from the mid 60's until 1989.
2708374060_897897300d.jpg

The one thing that I had a gripe about is in the movie Saving Mr. Banks. The sequence when they go to DL and you see the Walk around Mickey He Looked like this horrid Monstrosity they made for the film..
latest

Whereas in the 1960's He looked like this...
Rob65E.jpg

But, as the Internet Meme has stated "This isn't Even My Final Form!"
mickey_minnie.png
5b0f6e688e25352bce3d5be911414aea.jpg
c06092cb02850b38fb3bcc310cbf3752.jpg

Although I will give credit of inacuracies in the film "That Thing You Do" During the DL Sequence they used the "Modern" Mickey with the 1960's outfit..
ttyd2.jpg

brb1006

It's interesting as they Did this to Bugs Bunny for the Six Flags Parks...My park Six Flags Great America was the Testing ground for the new versions that came in about 2001....
During the time I was "Good Friends" With Bugs He looked like this....:D
Yes This is Me in this outfit...
bugsme_zps2be4380e.jpg

Then....Came...*Sigh* The new Versions they rolled out and are still using in the Six Flags Parks today.....:banghead:
3602371108_8e22c15907.jpg
I always thought seeing Bugs at Six Flags back in 2002 was a fake memory turn out I was wrong. I still remember seeing Bugs and Lola walking past me at Great Adventure when I first went there.

brb1006

I miss the old version - weird that he runs around naked all the time. The updated version's face looks evil.
Has Lola gotten an update speaking of Looney Tunes and Six Flags or even Marvin? I haven't seen Lola (At least at Six Flags Great Adventure since 2002) she might be seen in other Six Flags parks.

brb1006

Articulated heads are a huge improvement. Mickey looks like he's lost a few pounds - his snout is more narrow, eyebrows higher and his pupil/iris are centered lower to look like he's "looking" at you more than he vacant stare.
Wondering if the other major characters will get a makeover too?
I wonder if this could mean the Tweedles will also get this treatment. They looked like this since the 70's.
latest

brb1006

These look great and are a improvement.
The heads are basically the same, but the shape of the eyes is now finally 'correct' and on model after all these years.

I remember when the current 'Mickey' design debuted in the early 1990s.
He also was great improvement over the previous '70s Mickey' head style that predated it.
Higher forehead, rounder ears, and more on-model facial fur lining patterns.

These new heads shown in this thread look even better and much more like the characters.
It is amazing what a simple eye shape can do in character design.
I've been waiting for them to 'correct' this for years!

-
And Minnie can finally get ride of that makeup.

brb1006

They look good. Much more evolved and photogenic. What character has gotten the most resculpts? I'm guessing Donald? I'd love to see Tigger and Pluto get a redo. And if they used them more, the Dwarfs. Get accurate colored costumes and not those day-Glo things.
I agree, I hope they finally give Tigger his pink nose. I heard Dopey was the only Dwarf that gotten a new design since the "colored" Dwarfs debuted in the early 80's but Dopey gotten a new appearance in the mid to late 90's but the Dwarfs remained the same.

brb1006

There was a new Tigger that was used during the Disney Live tour...
45347.jpg

Plus there all the Pooh Bear characters were articulated..

I wish that version of Roo made it into the parks since he is my favorite character in the Pooh universe. He seriously looked adorable unlike the Roo seen inside Kenga's pouch if you been to the MNSSHP during the Boo To You Parade. Also when was the last time Owl was see at any of the parks?

Cmdr_Crimson

Did the design for Gosssamer show up at the parks before or after the Looney Tunes Show debuted because this look appears to be based on the Looney Tunes incarnation of him.

When they redesigned the characters in the 90's they were trying to go that way of making the characters look like them..
f896988515e7f0266491d14763254079.jpg

Then......The Looney Tunes Show Happend.............:eek::confused:
looneylineup2.jpg

And With That.........*Shudders* A New version were made........
Bugs_roll.jpg
latest

latest

brb1006

The one thing that I had a gripe about is in the movie Saving Mr. Banks. The sequence when they go to DL and you see the Walk around Mickey He Looked like this horrid Monstrosity they made for the film..
latest

Whereas in the 1960's He looked like this...
Rob65E.jpg

But, as the Internet Meme has stated "This isn't Even My Final Form!"
mickey_minnie.png
5b0f6e688e25352bce3d5be911414aea.jpg
c06092cb02850b38fb3bcc310cbf3752.jpg

Although I will give credit of inacuracies in the film "That Thing You Do" During the DL Sequence they used the "Modern" Mickey with the 1960's outfit..
ttyd2.jpg
Seeing the modern Mickey head on the 70's Mickey suit looks so bizarre for some reason especially the gloves.

brb1006

They look great. A bit weird at first, but I do agree that they are more animated and look more lively. I hope this is a start of a trend for head characters. Queen of Hearts comes to mind when thinking of characters in dire need of a redesign.
Or they could turn her into a face character like how the Mad Hatter. She was already a face character during the Villains Unleashed at HS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom