New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The tree in question

image.jpg

Bocabear

After seeing the video done by Disney showing the french style gardens and fountains around the hub, I feel pretty certain they will but a nicer gate system in for the bypass... They want to relieve the congestion...maybe for a new show one day... Hopefully they will make it nice enough as an evac route that is not heavily used... I am more concerned about them doing a good job on new attractions...

CrescentLake

Just like all the other changes being made regarding the hub, let's wait for the finished product before piling on.

Oh yes I totally agree with you there. This particular thing though is something that I am irrationally irked about. I just don't like seeing showbuildings. The past two years, when I went, I saw this and was slightly put off by it both times, so its not something new. But I really hope that the issue is resolved with the bypass work. I have a feeling they'll do something!

Cesar R M

Speaking of the shortcut.
will this not affect the supply line for the stores and restaurants in the zone?
A lot of these stores/restaurants seem to have the CM access, utilities..(etc..) in the back

Rob562

Speaking of the shortcut.
will this not affect the supply line for the stores and restaurants in the zone?
A lot of these stores/restaurants seem to have the CM access, utilities..(etc..) in the back

In many places there will still be backstage areas between the new walkway and the Main Street buildings. Gates from the walkway will give access to these areas as well as to the parking lot to the east. All stairways down to the Utilidor level are within the Main Street buildings.

Presumably stores have enough stock in their back rooms to sustain them during the times when the bypass walkway would be open.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
Why do I keep seeing mention of a parade spur? There's no such thing on the plans. It specifically identifies "emergency vehicle access" on the site demolition plan, which is the one with all the gray/shaded areas.

Rob562

Why do I keep seeing mention of a parade spur? There's no such thing on the plans. It specifically identifies "emergency vehicle access" on the site demolition plan, which is the one with all the gray/shaded areas.

I think it's just conjecture, wondering why they would reinforce the pavement specifically along that one spur heading toward the new bypass without doing other parts of the project.

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Presumably stores have enough stock in their back rooms to sustain them during the times when the bypass walkway would be open.
It's not unknown for CMs to cross the DLP arcades during opening pushing stock carts. Themed of course.

The Visionary Soul

The plans wouldn't randomly add emergency vehicle access to an area that was already accessible. This is being done with something else in mind. This is unique. I know what is on the plans, and while what you say is true, there is no reason to dismiss this isn't also a potential parade route. Also, just an FYI, the plans also identify the current parade route as an emergency vehicle access route as well. It means nothing except when complete they'll have an additional route.

dstrawn9889

i think they mean laying rebar and remesh, which is standard building construction anywhere, what we are referring to is HD reinforcement to carry high load pressures(thickening pad, higher PSI concrete, HD rebar mats)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom