New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

Rob562

I agree it would appear that is the case, even if there are no plans to use that entry right now. It does seem to give them that option in the future, should they choose to. I could see how they might want to do this for special events (parade taping, Superbowl winners, etc.) to avoid the need to run down MS. Or even a regular show like MISICI that primarily takes place in the hub.

I like that they're actually showing *forethought* in spending a little more money now to have options and flexibility in the future, even if they don't have definitive plans for its use at the moment.

-Rob

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Have to agree with @Tom, the presence of reinforcement in a concrete pavement doesn't necessarily imply additional capacity. Virtually all pavements are "reinforced" to some extent, particularly in FL, but in most cases the rebar is there to control cracking as the concrete cures, not necessarily to add strength. The best indicator of higher capacity pavements is thickness.

JungleTrekFan

Just something to note that there is a corner of the security office outside wall (just above the cardboard bailer) that is painted thematically. instead of go away green it is mud red and the gutters are painted black. not sure if this something that all of the 2nd story backstage buildings will get or just a test...

JungleTrekFan

The plans wouldn't randomly add emergency vehicle access to an area that was already accessible.
Did they already have access through the the gate before? Since it was only a small walkway before and not an actual park gate i don’t think the gate was used to have large emergency vehicles go through it.

NearTheEars

Well if they must keep that godforsaken MiSiCi abomination, I wouldn't mind if they used that new potential entrance, as I'll have a better chance to avoid it entirely then.

I actually don't mind that parade/dance party. Kids seem to enjoy getting out on the road with the characters.

Tom

Beta Return
Now that I'm home and can look at things in more detail, here is a snapshot from the sheet called "Fire Truck and Crane Access Plan". The shaded areas and center-lines indicate all areas where fire trucks and cranes can enter and leave the site safely. That's all it means.

fire.jpg

NormC

Tom or anyone that can answer, quick OT question. Is there a website or even a book that shows blueprints of ride layouts or behind the scene workings? I am a bit of a geek about the machinery of all of it. Hydraulics, electro-mechanical etc. For example take the roof off of RnRC or ToT.

rct247

Now that I'm home and can look at things in more detail, here is a snapshot from the sheet called "Fire Truck and Crane Access Plan". The shaded areas and center-lines indicate all areas where fire trucks and cranes can enter and leave the site safely. That's all it means.

View attachment 47886

Wow, now that is a legit blueprint! I'd love to find a high res copy of the park like that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom